1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mos Def gets force fed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by coachbadlee, Jul 9, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yasiin Bey (aka Mos Def) Is Force-Fed Through Guantanamo Bay Procedures In Graphic Video
    (This video is not safe for work. (NSFW)

<iframe width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight='0' scrolling="no" src="http://hub.video.msn.com/embed/baba2e8b-fb90-4352-ab29-0884af6a799e/?vars=ZnI9c2hhcmVlbWJlZC1zeW5kaWNhdGlvbiZsaW5rb3ZlcnJpZGUyPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZ2aWRlby51ay5tc24uY29tJTJGJTNGbWt0JTNEZW4tZ2IlMjZ2aWQlM0QlN0IwJTdEJTI2ZnJvbSUzRHRvb2xlbWJlZC1zeW5kaWNhdGlvbiZta3Q9ZW4tZ2ImY29uZmlnTmFtZT1zeW5kaWNhdGlvbnBsYXllciZsaW5rYmFjaz1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJGdmlkZW8udWsubXNuLmNvbSUyRiZjb25maWdDc2lkPU1TTlZpZGVvJnN5bmRpY2F0aW9uPXRhZw%3D%3D">
    <A href="http://video.uk.msn.com/?mkt=en-gb&vid=baba2e8b-fb90-4352-ab29-0884af6a799e&from=shareembed-syndication&src=v5:embed:syndication:" target="_new" title="Mos Def gets force-fed in protest video">Video: Mos Def gets force-fed in protest video</A>
    </iframe>

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

utterly stupid

just eat, you morons. You're bringing this upon yourselves

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Great response texx.:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  4. bigtexxx

Bey is doing exactly what the terrorists want -- drawing attention to themselves. They can eat during Ramadan, just not during the day. They choose not to eat, so this is what they get.

never forget
    [​IMG]

5. droopy421

droopy421 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YJIFOCbPTjo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She is tougher.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Def Jam'd

2 people like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

Mos Def was good in this one film with Bruce Willis, but he is an idiot.

8. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

or having it brought on you, for little to no reason (and no realistic room for appeal---which is clearly unconstitutional by the way, as determined in Boumediene v. Bush).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakhdar_Boumediene

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Mos filling?

10. bigtexxx

Was running two airplanes into the WTC constitutional? These aren't American citizens, and they are bringing this upon themselves by their own choosing.

end of story.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't know about Guantanamo as a whole, but what's the alternative? Either you just let them die, which would just make them look like martyrs (which is what they want) and would create even more hate, or you give them food. You have to give them food unless you want them to die. And it is these terrorists' choice to refuse food.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You're still asleep i see.

13. Northside Storm

since when did two wrongs make a right?

Just btw.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Postbadlee, do you suggest to just let these people starve to death? Their hate goes so far that they would love to see themselves as "martyrs". What would be achieved by letting them starve to death?

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So for those who like to use the word "we" when referring to actions commited by the state, does this mean that "we" are force feeding these people? Are you and I morally responsible for it? If so, then hell surely awaits*. If not, then why not? Clearly, if "we" do something then you and I each are to be held accountable for our action. So either you and I (or, more accurately, those who vote**) are as culpable for this as O-bomb-ya himself or there is no "we" and the idea that you and I "are" the state is nonsense. And if "we" aren't the state, then what is the state? I'm glad you asked (Linked to mises.org when there are other links I could have used because I know NS prefers it this way).

*I'm a non-believer - calm down. Don't turn this into a religious thang.
    **Not me!

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What some people see as martyrs, others see as crazy. Let them be.
    BTW, isn't starving yourself to death suicide?

17. Northside Storm

i liked the main point of this...a people and their government are distinct

but then it said "it renders certain, secure, and relatively "peaceful" the lifeline of the parasitic caste in society"

it puts the lotion in the basket

18. bigtexxx

So you want to allow them to kill themselves. You're a great person.

19. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Not taking a side in this debate but I am guessing that the people this is being done too are not as relaxed. It can be a seamless and painless procedure as long as you are going along with it but if you're not, then it can be a somewhat unpleasant.

20. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Mos def is a great hip hop artist who doesn't rely on rapping about b****es and hoes. He is very smart