1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey got a taste of his own medicine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vpballa916, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

he did this contract booby trapping with Lin and Asik, and Cuban just pulled one on him with Parsons, and now we lose Asik, Lin, and Parsons.

from the other team's perspective, if that isn't poetic justice, i don't know what is, lol.

2. mazinger

mazinger Member

3. bmd

bmd Member

He purposely got rid of Asik and Lin.

4. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

Wait we lost Lin, Asik, and Parsons?

5. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Is there another kind of medicine? Which GMs try to make it easier for other teams to match offer sheets? Morey did his best to sign Lin and Asik, and Dallas did the same, and any GM worth his job would do the same thing.

6. Buck Turgidson

WHEN THE **** DID THIS HAPPEN!?!!?

I am furious, will start new thread in 3...2...1...

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

He did get f'd with this off season but that is the price you way when you swing for the fences. It's championship or nothing out here in H-Town. You don't like it get off the bandwagon.

8. BabySeal

BabySeal Member

Bosh signed a deal with Miami?

9. King901

King901 Member

I started off as sperm?

10. Vpballa916

you have to admit, though, Cuban did a little extra to make it as close to impossible for Morey to match it. Cuban has extra motivations for making life harder on Morey after feeling slighted by the Dirk inquiry.

11. Vpballa916

let's get out of the first round first, before we start beating our chests about Championships.

12. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

We seem to be getting more of nothing than we are of championships.

13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If 2 years ago, I told you that Morey was gonna get 2 year commitments from then restricted free agents Lin and Asik - for only 5M/yr each... have a second rd pick start the next 2 years (at 1m/yr) before leaving for a max deal AND he was gonna swap our first round draft pick for the Pelicans first... you'd thought I was on crack... but that's what Morey just did!
    People wanna b**** about Morey losing players - when he constantly pulls rabbits outta his hat to get 'em!
    Parsons... yeh sucks we lost him - but I wouldn't have wanted to pay that contract - be thankful we had him on a cutrate deal for 3 years...
    Lin for 5M/yr for 2 years coming off Linsanity... sucks we gave up a pick to move him, but...
    Asik plays for 5m/yr for 2 years and THEN we get a good first for him... (more than washes for the first we gave up for Jeremy...)

They say hindsight is 20/20... and I can see where some things could have gone better (not releasing Chandler...) but how can people deny all the benefits Morey has reaped? (and note I didn't even mention acquiring D12 or Harden...)

15. Marteen

Marteen Member

16. rolandvpro

rolandvpro Member

Murry was Cubaned

17. Vpballa916

he gambled and failed, those two were valuable trade chips, including Parsons. now all we can hope for is that some star would want to come play for us as a free agent.

we ended up humiliated and the laughing stock of the NBA. Everyone's saying that we swung for the fences and that's the price to pay, but that price was too steep considering that we no longer have assets to control our own destiny.

now, it's only up to us and what we have. we no longer have any tools to add to our arsenal.

Harden, Howard, Ariza, let's have career years so stars will want to come play for us, once more.

18. torocan

torocan Member

Psst. Here's a secret...

Daryl Morey is really smart. However, there are 29 other NBA GM's.

And sometimes they're going to do stuff that makes it harder to achieve your goals because they want to build a championship team just like you do.

And sometimes it's because they did something really smart, and other times it's because they did something really stupid that just happened to screw things up for you.

You can call it "taste of your own medicine", to that I say, "Don't dish it out if you can't take it..."

19. WNBA

WNBA Member

Morey's medicine: get talents, pay them less than market value.

other team: Parsons is paid like 2 Dirks and Cuban is ready call him daddy.

I don't see the similarity here.

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I don't actually have to admit that. I assume that Cuban actually wanted to sign Parsons. His only chance was to do what he did.