1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moochie Norris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TedRuxpin, Aug 28, 2001.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Cato and Taylor will have their sorry asses in sa rebuilding

So if the Spurs had to rebuild after losing Duncan, you think they'd start by wasting their cap space on Kelvin Cato? :confused: If Rudy agreed with you on Mo Taylor, he wouldn't have signed him to a 6 year 48 million dollar deal in the first place. Get out of fantasy world; Mo Taylor is here to stay.

2. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Yeah, this is the Millenium model. Apparently the cord is stuck up his ass, and there's no ring on the end.

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Now that was funny!

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Cat, I'm not the betting man, but just because he signed that contract doesn't mean much. Didn't Maloney and Price sgn long term deals? Didn't Othella sign a 7yr 25 mill deal then get shipped out? The spurs will be desperate to get something for Duncan. Taylor and Cato will still be young and carrying the "potential" tags on their back. The Rockets will have to fill and arena, have way too many draft picks that they'll need. Look what we got for Scott Pippen, Walt, Cato, Rogers, and some other scrub. If we were not so anxious to get rid of him, we could have actually got someone worth something.

The thing is, most times you don't get the same value for a player when you're in a hard up situation. Look who we gave up to get Barkley and Clyde. The only legitimate players we gave up to get those 2 was Sam. The reason being is they both had to go and the rest of the league knew it, so everyone had the pickle out. All I can say is wait and see. Duncan will be either with the Magic or the Rockets come 2003!

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Cato and Taylor, although they might not put up the amazing stats that Duncan does mean more to this team than you think. You never want to pull the trigger on a deal that could disturb team chemistry so much. Duncan can stay in SA.

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Speaking of Ducan.He and Robinson are at the Astros game tonight.GO ASTROS:)

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

ASTROS WIN. Fox sports to report why Ducan and Robinson are in town.

8. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

LOL!!!

Yeah Teddy is being one unfriendly bear! :mad:

9. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Y'all where I heard this stuff was on the Rocket guy website. I know that it was BS when I heard it but still, why would he possibly put those things on his site.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I was going to get your back and point out the Maloney et al deals. But, you took care of it yourself. So, I'll attack you instead. :D

The Spurs would have to be stupid to still think Cato had potential after the 2003 season. If he hasn't made anything of himself by then, he never will (I'd say he's already passed that marker).

Legit players for Barkley and Clyde: what about Otis Thorpe and Robert Horry? Neither of the same caliber we got in return but good starters in their own rights.

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Okay, I'm going to bite the bullet here: everybody here needs to cut Ted some slack. Maybe, he should have looked on the BBS to see if there was another thread on Moochie Norris before he submitted his thread. However, he probably doesn't spend a lot of time here because he may be in school all day or working all day. He just wanted to share information. He shouldn't feel scared to post things because alot of people jumped on him for posting something that had already been out there. It's not like his thread was troll-driven or completely idiotic -- like trading Steve Francis. I know this may be hard to believe for some people here that I'm saying this, but do we really want to drive people away that post things that are not idiotic ? I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't care. It's not like he posted something like "The Raptors Are Going to Win 4 NBA Titles in a Row" or "The Rockets Will Never Make the Playoffs".

12. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

You're making entirely too much sense Manny. Begone!

13. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

I don't mind redundant threads so much. Just when he says, "You people are losers." and "Nobody likes the Rockets, nobody ever will".

14. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

Mack, try to have a sense of humor, or nobody will like you. HA HA

15. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Ted's thread is not an inane thread. However, that is why I did say that some of you probably won't believe that I'm saying this because I figured somebody might bring up something from my past. I already explained what I was doing with that thread. Considering that at the time, nobody would ever respond to threads of mine, I felt that I would prove a point that people respond here more when there are posts that are getting flamed or bashed.

Hey, I don't have a problem admitting that what I did in the past was wrong. As a matter of fact, if I didn't think I was wrong, would I have come to Ted's defense here? Besides, it takes more guts, IMO, to defend someone getting flamed than to flame someone or not even do anything.