1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moochie Norris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TedRuxpin, Aug 28, 2001.

1. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

According to ESPN insider, Norris and the Rockets are not close on a contract. IMO, Fegan is trying to "rape" the Rockets again. By the time training camp starts, I am speculating that the Rockets will have another backup PG. Any thoughs?

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Though I've read this over and over, I feel another thread was needed. :rolleyes:

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

poor Behad, he keeps 'allegedly' harassing newbies. Behad is the ever so helpful father type. "Daddy I was wondering about my homework"... "son, are you an idiot?".

5. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Moochie who?

Fegan who?

Never heard of them.

6. Shandon Anversen

minnie's a moocher.

7. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

You people are losers.

8. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

Nobody likes the Rockets, Nobody ever will.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"You people are losers."

I don't remember that teddy ruxpin doll saying such offensive stuff when you pulled its cord!!

10. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Yo Teddy, everyone on this board got that same information four days ago...

HOW much per month do you pay for ESPN Insider?

keep those free reports coming!

11. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

Getting tire of that Fegan geek. I don't mine him taking Hakeem and Anderson, but NOT Moochie Norries!

12. Shandon Anversen

coochie norris can be replaced.

i'm not saying kick the turd to the curb, i'm just saying that he's not the "integral component" to our future championship vehicle. he is the chucky brown of this team...the scottie brooks...the charles jones...

he's capable, often good, likeable, and fun to watch. but nowhere near irreplaceable (since we aren't winning the rings this year anyway), and not worth, IMO, 4 mill.

coochie can queef his way out of here if he wants to play with the hard ball.

13. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Moochie is running out of options. It will be in the best interest of his to resign with the Rockets while firing Fegan in the mean time.

Pops, someone on another site has stated that...
    1. White base year date has came and gone, Rockets can trade for him whenever they want now. TRUE???

2. The Rockets are planning on trading Taylor after this year or next because they feel Griffin is going to be the future four leaving no room for Taylor. I think that this one is BS, because why would they look to trade him when they can play both of them at the same time and Taylor fits into this team very well.

Just wanted to hear the truth that is all, Thanks.

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

1. White base year date has came and gone, Rockets can trade for him whenever they want now. TRUE???

White's BYC expires in September, last I read.

2. The Rockets are planning on trading Taylor after this year or next because they feel Griffin is going to be the future four leaving no room for Taylor.

I'll bet this is a self proclaimed NBA expert who cheers for the Lakers or Knicks. :)

You don't sign players to huge multi-year contracts with the extent of trading them later, unless you're Jerry Krause. What's important is that Griffin and Taylor's skills complement each other's very well. Griffin has the inside post game, Mo has the ability to create off the dribble from the perimeter, and has a better jumper. Mo has the ability to bang with the big power forwards on defense, and Griffin can help him out on the glass and in shotblocking. You can play Mo at the 3 on offense, and the 4 on defense, and vice versa for Griffin. Or use them at the 4 and 5. Fans in general tend to be too structured at times with positions. What's important is that you have all the elements of a championship team, not where they come from. Eddie and Mo combined bring a lot of things to the table, and I could care less if they are technically called the 3 and 4, 4 and 5, or interchange positions on offense and defense. Their skills complement each other's very well, and that's what matters the most.

15. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

1. I think last year's Full BYC was up ... like in first week in August,or something .... but he still has a partial BYC and that will stay until next year around this time. White's negotiations depended on a number of things. The BYC was only one. But remember this - (a) - just because it isn't done yet doesn't mean it is dead, and (b) - just because it was a "strong" offer three weeks ago doesn't mean it is still alive.

I know MJ wanted something else thrown-in/exchanged, and then he wanted to add someone of his choosing that CD did not want any part of ... Last I heard this deal was still being haggled a bit but it was not hot, not front burner and nowhere near to being closed. Other than that, I have no idea where we are with it now.

2. Now that is an idiotic statement, probably from some half-witted moron. LOL Probably a Jazz or Nuggets fan (with genuflected bows and exclusions to Nugz). They (CD and RT) were so ecstatic over getting Griffin and he has so much upside that they know will take several years to bear consistent fruit. Why hurt him. There is no way they would project Taylor as being out the door in a year or next year. Look, let's be realistic ... if we have a $4-6 million dollar PF who produces like Taylor did last year, what is the advantage of not holding him. Even in two or three years if Griffin absolutely explodes on the court, blowing people up, where do you get a replacement quality PF for under 4-6 million? Like I said .... Taylor will be here unless he is falls flat on his face, or he needs to be included as a deal maker/breaker for a superstar. According to the two musketeers .... they want both of these guys to grow old here.

16. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Double Doppler Plop

Cat states:

Fans in general tend to be too structured at times with positions. What's important is that you have all the elements of a championship team, not where they come from. Eddie and Mo combined bring a lot of things to the table, and I could care less if they are technically called the 3 and 4, 4 and 5, or interchange positions on offense and defense. Their skills complement each other's very well, and that's what matters the most.

So %$#*&@# right brother. Well said. Nothing more to add to that.

#16 oeilpere, Aug 28, 2001
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2001
  17. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Never thought I would live to see the day when Pops fell victim to the dreaded double-post.

18. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Well actually there have been several of my posts that seemed to run on forever ....

.... er ... that is .... ummm ..... I guess all my posts seem to run on forever .....

.... anyway back to my point ..... which is ....... ah hell .... I forgot .....

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think when its all said and done, taylor and cato will be traded for duncan,griffin will be the 4,morris 3,cat and franchise in the backcourt. I think rudy them will ride this 2 yr stretch out. When the new arena opens, the rockets will have the bomb squad ready to go. Cato and Taylor will have their sorry asses in sa rebuilding.

20. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Oh come on now, Heb. I never called him an idiot. Besides, my oldest is 12. 12 yr. olds should not be posting on a BBS intended for adults.

Besides, all I did was answer his question. He asked "any thoughs?", and I gave him one. A lot more subtle than calling him an idiot, don't you think?