1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

moe's Minor League - Official Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

hey Oski, If we keep playing this league you have to drop Corey Magette. I drafted him at #93 and Moe did not put him on my team.

CK

2. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

i rather start a new one then i could play my starting 5 as 1)Hill 2)Hardaway 3)Pierce 4)Jamison 5) Foyle Utl Wesley Utl Mason Utl Kmart

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think I would agree. I had to start Marbury last night even though he was suspended because I did not have all my players on my team(Magette). And not just because Oski picked him up but because I had to try and get him from Waivers and that meant it would take until tomorrows roster to get him.

CK

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Looks Like the best thing to do is restart. I'll be sending out info shortly.

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Sorry, I hadn't realized. Are we starting over?

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ok sent emails to everyone except 3814 and mduke who I didn't have their emails

Here is the info.

League ID#: 131346
    Password: clutchcity

Also - Some of you dropped your 11th or 12th round picks for other players, Would it be best If I Just put them in as your draft picks?

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Another question I have before we finalize this thing. The waiver priority list is screwy. It lists by the order that you join, I think. Then it does not rearrange itself until someone claims off of waivers. I don't have a problem with the last part but I had a claim on someone on waivers in the old league and a fairly decent waiver priority. Now if I sign up as one of the first few guys I could lose that priority and risk losing the player I had a claim in for. On the flip side I can'r fairly say "hey I put a claim on that guy in the old league so I should get him", because theoretically someone ahead of me may have made a claim for the guy. So what do we do about that. BTW I don't have a problem with changing those 11-12 picks out for the claimed players everyone picked up.

CK

#367 Castor27, Oct 31, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2002
  8. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

moe can rearrage the waiver wire priority in the order of your draft. chrisjent would have first right to claim a player and Manny last.

moe, make sure you do this either before or immediately after you load rosters.

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

then he would have to put the draft in as it is so those guys that made waiver claims would have to re-do them. If he just exchanged them then they the order would still be messed up because they would technically get the waiver claim from the old league and still get to keep their waiver position(unless it allows you to set the priority in any order you choose not just by draft pick.) Or an even better idea would be to look at the old league and set the draft order by the wiaver wire. For Instance in the other league Manny is 1 on the waiver wire so he would have pick 15(the draft order would not make a difference since we have already drafted). That way the waiver issue would sort itself out and Moe could just exchange the players.

CK

10. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Alright moe...i'm in. UNDER MY STUPID NEW USER NAME THAT I HAD TO CREATE. WHY THE HELL WAS 3814 TAKEN ALREADY???

NOW I AM: iam3814

HOW DUMB IS THAT?

oh well, hopefully this year goes alright.
    thanks for settin everything up...and by the way - i'm just kiddin around, i'm not really pissed. i just think my new yahoo username is kinda dumb.

11. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

I don't think I should be penalized for my first waiver claim. If I had sent a list, I would have had Tyrone Hill anyway as he was my next choice.

12. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

ok I can play that game too. Well if I would have sent a list I would have had hill before you so :p.

CK

13. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Play it. I'd still have the wire claim over you. I think we'll end up getting the players we claimed though.

The other funny thing is the poor pooooor people crying about having a PG/SG/SF/PF/C/UTIL/UTIL/UTIL lineup is that there are people that actually drafted according to the league settings (me) and those people got screwed on a few picks.

#373 NYKRule, Oct 31, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2002
  14. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly. I really did not want Hill. My point is really that I have a claim on another player that had not cleared waivers yet (who i would have picked over Vaughn), and I did not think it would be fair for guys that got to claim players in the old league to get those players(even with the reason you had) and still have waiver priority over people that claimed no one.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Ummmm,

What if you already like the team you drafted?? I drafted guys who were PGs, PFs, Cs, etc.

I won't be able to access my home email for another 2 and a half hours, but if I have to make waiver claims for guys that I originally drafted and lose them to someone else, then I will drop out of this league.

16. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

That isn't what we meant manny. Your team will be intact. A few people made moves in the old league post draft. Those are the waiver claims. The questions and discussion above are about those moves. You won't lose anyone you drafted unless you choose to drop them on your own.

CK

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Okay, that is good then.

I was hoping it was like that.

Thanks, Castor.

18. mduke

mduke Member

OK, signed up.......any idea when the rosters will be set up?

19. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

Yesh Moe pick up the waivers !

20. cuttino

cuttino Contributing Member

moe,

No big deal - but I didn't get the email. If you have a mailing list set up, you might have a typo - it should be jkalba@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks.