1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moderna considering a 400 percent price increase for the vaccine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Jan 11, 2023.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

This after the government helped fund the research such greed. This is bullshit. This after the governments contracts made the company billions. Heck the ceo alone made billions in dollars in bonuses. This has to stop.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Isn't 400% also the increased risk of heart attack after taking their vax?

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I had my physical today and my doctor wasn't adamant about a booster. It was so different from 21 and 22.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I wish I hadn't gotten Moderna at all. Biontech/Pfizer is better. Had no choice at the time.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

100 bucks per jab that Uncle Sam mostly subsidises.

If Americans had to pay for the true cost of these vaccines, the initial response would've been protests towards getting them to as many people possible. A total shift against whatever is going on right now in social media.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sure you did, you could of been an antivaxxer and not taken any vaccine.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

At the time, it would have been impossible to travel or even have any social life without the "booster" in Germany. People forget how dystopian it was.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

China lucked out.

Buck Turgidson and Invisible Fan like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Same with Pfizer covid vaccine. The US gov got a deal, but they are no longer buying them. Something about free market on commercial products.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You poor thing.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Tell us of the dark days of the plague gulag, papa

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've had four shots of Moderna including the latest bivalent Omnicron vaccine and experienced very little problems. After my second shot did feel some chills and fatigue for a few days but didn't get that with the other boosters.

Based on efficacy Moderna appears to be the cold standard of vaccines and would be fine taking another booster a year from now.

I'm not surprised though they want to make more money off of the vaccine. Here I think government(s) can make an argument back that so much public investment was put into it's development and deployment that Moderna can't claim it's their creation so they deserve to profit as much as they want.

Rashmon likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is why all Americans should have free healthcare. Pharmaceutical companies' price gouging is ridiculous. They will continue to squeeze every dollar they can get off their medicines.

14. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Where's the taqueria shooter when you need him?

15. cml750

cml750 Member

I never got the first one and never will. I have no issues with any other vaccines.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still trying to wrap my head around repugs being against capping price on insulin.

AleksandarN and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya the other ones weren't politicized.

It's amazing how this all started from Trump fearing a recession right before election season due to a pandemic and dismissing the problem and every talking point from conservatives since then is just backtracking defending that initial point.

It's amazing.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. cml750

cml750 Member

It has nothing to do with politics. I am well aware it was Trump who pushed them to begin with. I have not trusted them from the beginning. They were rushed. They have proven to not stop Covid and the goal post keeps moving for how "effective" they are. There are many potential side effects some of which are really bad. Add to that Covid has never scared me to begin with.

19. Buck Turgidson

Bless his heart

Deckard likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The initial starting point was Trump dismissing Covid because he understood how a possible economic lockdown would effect his reelection bud. Everything starts from that starting point to the modern right wing anti-vax movement.

Trump supported the vaccine until he realized it won't be approved under his administration.