1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Cuttino's trade status to me:

1. The dumbass shoots too much, and is totally selfish

25 vote(s)
    25.3%
  2. He's a dumbass with his shots, but he still produces

16 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. He's a dumbass. Oz. What do we have to lose?

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. When Steve and Cuttino are in together, they are unstoppable - no matter Cuttino's recklessness.

55 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. treeman

treeman Member

A more subjective version of one of kidrock8's threads...

I am fenced at this point.

2. treeman

treeman Member

I have never missed a man in my entire life, but I miss Steve. :(

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cuttino is the reason we are losing the close games, tonight against the Lakers as soon as he decides to go one on one, the Lakers pull away...just like clockwork, Cuttino and his pal Walt decide to shoot at all costs, and BOOM...we get behind.

Selfish play...I HATE IT !!

DaDakota

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You know... I hate Cuttino for one reason :

He makes the stupidest decisions in terms of shot selection at times, but yet, some of his shots help keep us in the game. I mean, they're stupid-ass shots, but damn, they go in... I can't really like the guy much, but I can't really hate him either. I think he's a better player when Steve is playing, but more importantly, he doesn't look quite as foolish.

5. DaDakota

D.O.D.

That is because Steve SETS Cuttino up, when Cuttino goes one on one it fails miserably, especially this year when zone defenses are allowed.

Cuttino is a moron, he is just plain stupid. He has no court sense at all, and the next assist he gets in a crucial situation will be his first....EVER !!!

DaDakota

6. treeman

treeman Member

OK, any "Steve & Cuttino are unstoppable together" people wanna speak up?

The "Cuttino is a selfish dumbass" people have a point...

Somebody? Anybody???

7. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

I really don't like the situation. But I can't hate someone who's stupid, can I?

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Tonight cuttino looked as if he wanted to show off in front of TNT. He wouldnt look to pass, he came up the court and shot that ball. He made himself look worse even tho he made some of his shots. An all star is a player that helps his team win in any way, not scoring all the points and running around with fancy crossovers. Cuttino needs to start learning.

9. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

The problem is he's been in the league a while and hasn't appeared to learn very much. Who can you blame for that?

10. treeman

treeman Member

Him. Rudy. Either. Both. Probably not anyone besides those two.

11. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Ok.

Cuttino Mobley and Steve Francis make each other better because their presence on the court means the defense has to match up man-on-man with one of them, and can't double either one of them. When one of them is missing, the other's offensive efficiency drops(notice the stark contrast in production between the games Cuttino has played with Francis, and without)

When healthy, Cuttino Mobley is virtually unguardable one-on-one. Cuttino Mobley is not healthy right now, thus it limits his explosiveness, and takes away his greatest asset offensively. You can see the results of this on the court, when he isn't able to penetrate past the defense.

Did Cuttino Mobley make some stupid plays tonight? Of course.

Was Cuttino Mobley the only one on our team who made stupid mistakes? Of course not.

Was Cuttino Mobley the biggest reason why we lost this game? Hell no.

You know, there seems to be a lot of attention on Mobley's play tonight, when the thing that sticks out in my mind from the game is Moochie's inexplicable decision making, especially in the 4th quarter when the game was decided.

12. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Bullcrap. Do you think we would be in any games if it weren't for Cuttino? Wake up.

13. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

I agree with everything DaDakota has said of Cuttino Mobley.

Mobley simply hasn't been a team player.

He shouldn't be on this team.

He should be traded, or waived.

14. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I disagree. I think he's trying too hard. He's definitely not a moron.

15. treeman

treeman Member

Tied. So far.

(you "Steve & Cuttino are an unstoppable duo" people aren't making yourselves heard, much less putting up an argument)

16. DaDakota

HELLO !!! WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!! You can't go one on one against a zone.

Earth to Cuttino, it is a zone defense, one on one is inneffective against it. ISO's are far less effective. Learn the pick and roll, the give and go, move without the ball, learn how to get your shots off ball movement and screens.

Cuttino is a player who thinks he is better then he is, don't fall into the hype, just look at how the offense bogs down when he decides to try to TAKE over a game.

Cuttino is simply NOT a team player and for those of you criticizing Moochie...he is a BACKUP PG, and he is almost averaging as many assists per game as our STAR PG who is setting on the bench with a hurt foot.

NEXT !!!

DaDakota

17. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

To label someone an idiot that you do not know seems a bit ridiculous. ;)

Cat is trying TOO hard. But I can hardly blame him since what else do we have. With Francis, MoT, & Rice on the shelf, that presents a big problem when it comes to scoring. Just taking those players averages last year:

Francis - 19.9 ( Francis is averaging more this before injury )

MoT - 13.0 ( Most likely would have been higher this year )

Rice - 12.0( not doing as well this year but Francis' & MoT's increased would have more than made up for it )

Total = 44.9

Seems to me that is a lot of points to make up night in and night out. That reason and the fact that we have many new & young players has more to do with our losing ways than Cat.

Cat is a great 2nd tier star player and is a wonderful "Robin" to Steve's "Batman".

If you want to blame somebody then look no further than Mooch (the dribblemiester) and Walt Williams. Between Mooch's incessient dribbling and Walt lack of consistancy its a wonder that we have even been some of these games late with a chance to win.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This coming from the man who yelled about Rice missing the 3 for the win against the Knicks....

Skip pass from a pick-n-roll by Mobley.

This coming from the man who yelled about Moochie missing the wide open 17'er to beat the Knicks...

Return pass from Mobley coming out of a Reggie Miller picket fence.

DaDakota, we all know Mobley struggles with decisions. The problem is that he *needs* tunnel vision to excel. Rudy knows that, because Hakeem excelled with it, too. Players who excel at tunnel vision are incredible one on one players. We want them to learn more, but we have to endure.

Now *that* is a Mobley Apology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deal with it.

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yes, Mobley struggles alot with his shot-making, but he is really a player that needs a Steve Francis to play alongside him. The fact that he has Curly Neal with an afro and that Cuttino is not fully healthy is not helping him and is distorting his play.

Do I get upset with him and the things he does? Yes, almost every game. But am I going to say that he is a dumbass and he is the reason we're losing these games? HELL, NO!

As others have said, it's having a PG that doesn't have a clue and practically no inside game (Kevin Willis gives it a little bit of life - but not enough to get it off life support) that is killing us. Also, maybe the fact that we have so many new players and role players playing right now (when they normally wouldn't) may have something to do with this as well.

To blame Mobley when we have so many other problems is laughable.

20. DaDakota

Cat has no concept of how to win in basketball. He tries to do too much and does not have the capabilities that he believes he has.

He is a nice COMPLIMENTARY player, but not a star.

I think the reason Cat is at fault is that he is the player with the most tenure, and the younger players look up to him and how he plays, what he is teaching them now, is that in crucial situations go one on one and lose the game.

Not smart.

DaDakota