1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mobley makes ALL UNDERRATED TEAM

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston-in-LA, Feb 8, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Houston-in-LA

Houston-in-LA Member

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/020208.html

It's finally good to hear something good come out of the pens of ESPN writers. It seems like no one on our team has been getting any due respect for their play. We've been descimated by injuries this year, which seems like every year, and our guys have been playing some of their best ball this year. EG has been developing great! I'm really looking forward to the future!

Sure Mobley believes he should be an All-Star with Francis this year, but it can only be done if we start winning and Mobes keeps up his recent play. He is one of the most underrated players in this league, especially being a 2nd round pick and it's good to see some people, other than us, noticing. :D

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

At least he's appreciated outside of Houston.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Damn, that hip-hop writing is &%$&! annoying!

4. Heath

Heath Member

This award is so deserved. Of course, the place he is most underrated is on this board, I'm pretty sure opponent coaches do not underrate him.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

hey, they also left Cato off the all-stealing-money team, not too bad.

6. red

red Contributing Member

yeah that jive writing was almost bad enough to get me to actually send an email to espn to complain...but i said almost...unless your a big screen tv and hooked up to a video game console, then i might be inclined to actually do something...

7. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Cat gets some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

About damn time.

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad that Cato was left off the stealing money list too, since he has been playing so much better lately.

9. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

No ****. I second that motion.

10. Houston-in-LA

Houston-in-LA Member

A 3rd motion over here

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I cants believz y'aws dont know da flava of da streetz. This how weez talk in da L.

Okay, I know, that wasn't as funny as it sounded in my head.

12. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Fo real! Y'all jist a buncha hatas!

lol j/k. People who try to "talk" ebonics on their computer are nerds. Sure, I use black lingo in life (cause I grew up around it), but not when I post on the messageboard. I'm not stupid and I know how to type and spell words. :cool: hehe

13. IVFL

IVFL Member

I honestly feel dumber after reading that. Not because of how it was written just what was written. That was all crap, except for the part on Cat. ESPN pays these guys. I need a job and. . . oh look I can type too.

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Don't act like Cato hasn't stolen money. He has been productive for a portion of this season. When he is productive for a complete season and multiple seasons then we can say he hasn't stolen $42 million dollars from the Rockets.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes,he is an underrated player,I'm glad to have him instead of Dickerson because he has the fighting ability that we need on this team.

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's take a moment and recall how it is that contracts work. They are offered by a person, and they are signed by a person. Cato was payed to play basketball, and despite the fact that he didn't do it well for a long time does not mean he was <b>stealing</b> money. Sure, the Rockets screwed up giving him the contract they did, but you act as if Cato is sneaking into the Rockets offices at night and taking the petty cash.

And to clarify, my previous post had <b>nothing</b> to do with what Cato had done in the past. I was simply expressing appreciation for ESPN having noticed that Cato was playing better, as he has been a whipping boy of their's in the past.

17. mduke

mduke Member

Why is Rashard Lewis on the "All UNDERRATED team"?????
    I love 'Shard, but I think he is one of the most overrated players in the game....