1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile] Redirected from threads

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by da_juice, May 11, 2015.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

Not sure if it's my phone or the BBS, but everytime I open up a thread I'm redirected to a website for candy crush and/or the app store. Anyone else having this problem or is it me?

2. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

YeAh it's super annoying. I've tried all kinds of browsers too. Reel that **** in.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'm now getting a bottom banner ad for Petsmart that pops up on every page, meaning you have to kill it on every page. Annoying, but I'll put up with it if that's what Clutch intended.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah I don't know what's happened lately, but the scripts and stuff are killing me. Wigs out constantly in firefox, redirects on my cellphone...

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is definitely out of control today. Really frustrating on a day after such a game. Getting the redirects to the App Store as well as a rectangular overlay that moves with the screen.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

How many of you are using the mobile style?

Ive been cruising thru the board on and off most of the morning and haven't seen anything but I'm on desktop chrome.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I did not realize there was a mobile style, but when I access the board through chrome on my phone, I'm also getting redirected to something. I just quickly exit.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Yeah, something is jacked up.

I want to read about and relive last night's glory.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Doesn't happen to me. Could it be that it might be due to one of the apps y'all downloaded?

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I've had ongoing issues with the ear shattering auto-play ads that just explode out of nowhere. Had one occurrence today the video ad that kept scrolling the page to it. Repeatedly. This happened a week or so ago with me and some others. I'm using chrome desktop.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm sorry you guys experienced this. I've not run into any issues at all. The ones listed here are various (popup, autoplay video, redirects), but I've removed an ad network completely (which will hurt) to see if this helps. Please do let me know if this improves whatever you were experiencing.

If you run into an issue, please let me know what style you are using and a screencap would be nice as well. Thanks.

12. Two Sandwiches

I'm using the dark theme. Just got it before reading your entire post so I didn't get a screen grab. I'll try to next time.

I have a feeling it's not your ad network, and I'd encourage you to continue to use it. Just a hunch, but I don't think you should screw yourself over over this. Especially during a busy time.

It's probably some sort of something that a Clippers fan has done to the site. I just noticed it after the comeback.

I'll change the theme to see if that helps.

Edit: I PMed you screen caps.

#12 Two Sandwiches, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
  13. rimbaud

Supporting Member

I am still getting the Ad King/Candy Crush redirect and then opening in the App Store. On my iPad and iPhone in dark mode.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My brother who's a tech guy says it's a flaw with Iphones that allow adware to exploit and auto-redirect mobile users. Nothing you can do to stop it.

15. rimbaud

Supporting Member

But why is it only happening with this site? I have no trouble with anything else but every time I get on here I have at least one redirect at some point. iPhone and iPad. Just happened for about the fourth time today.

16. Two Sandwiches

I'm on Android.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Getting the game redirect and also some stupid android performance boost site too.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I was hoping to prove it was just a few posters and then to make fun of them, but I tried CF on my mobile and got the same thing. I'm running dark, FWIW and using an iPhone-5. Happened this morning.

But at least I crushed rimbaud's score on that game.