1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Taylor's future contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bigman, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Bigman

Bigman Member

Any ideas on what type of contract Mo might get? With Griffin being more of a 4, it seems more logical to offer Mo a 2 or 3 year contract. I'd hate to see a 5 yr deal and Griffen blossum in two years but be forced to come off the bench because of Mo. If Mo gets his bird rights in two more years then it would make sense for Mo to only want a two or three year deal. What do you guys think?

------------------

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I think you are assuming they can't play on the floor together. The Rockets believe otherwise or they wouldn't be bothering to keep Mo in the first place. Personally, I think Mo will get 6 years starting around $5 to $6 million.

------------------
    Who's your buddy? Who's your pal? I am, aren't I?

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I agree with Jeff. Griffin doesn't have to be an exclusive 4, and since Mo doesn't constantly camp out in the blocks like Charles and Hakeem did Griffin could go down every once in a while if he wants to. I think Griffin will be like Garnett, a PF type who plays the SF spot. It'll save on wear and tear and injuries brought on at the PF spot.

------------------
    What if I say to you that the universe is a three-legged horse, eh? What then?
    - Russell Hoban

4. Colby

Colby Member

5 years 30-35 mil. That leaves Mo to sign Another contract at age 30. He and Griffin will be an excellent duo.

------------------
    T-Pooh and BahDakota went up the hill,
    to make a bet on a Forward.
    When it all came down,
    they were nowhere to be found.
    Now they should be drawn and quartered.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I have to agree with Jeff. I think the Rockets like Mo's offense and will try to put Eddie and Mo on the floor at the same time.

Crispee made a good point in another thread about Anthony Mason playing the 3 in Miami. If he can do it I would certainly think that Mo can. Another point is that Rudy might not be thinking along the lines of Power Forward and Small Forward. Perhaps he just wants two forwards that can play.

------------------
    Women can not fart, belch or burp...therefore they must b**** or they will explode.

6. Sane

Sane Member

This is gonna help us so much with the match-up problems.

Like if the Spurs play Malik Rose at SF, then Mo can move to the SF spot, and Griff to PF.

or, if someone like Tim Thomas is playing at PF, then Griffin would go up against him.

Then there's Langhi off the bench to burn the shorter Small Forwards ofthe league.

Oh, I think 6 million/season's just about right for 6 years.....

------------------