1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Taylor + Attitude = Chris Webber

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Say_Jack, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Say_Jack

Say_Jack Member

The Rockets should not let Mo Taylor go. He is still a very young player, who can improve greatly. Mo had moments this year when he fought for offensive boards, blocked shots, a broke down defenders every bit as well as a young Chris Webber. The Rockets should keep Mo, and go after a mid level big man like Doleac instead, and also draft the best available big man,

------------------

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are two completely different power forwards.No amount of time,coaching,or hardwork will change that.As good as Maurice is,he'll never be Chris Webber.That said,some team is going to end up happy with young Maurice Taylor.CWebb's game is about interior domination...the post up game,blocking shots,running the court...rebounding.....He's what this team needs out of that spot.In lieu of Webber,I wouldn't be surprised if they go after Antonio Davis who would fit in very nicely with Dream looking like he might be back.I know he wants the max,but,he's a hard working player with big heart...I'd bet he would take multiple chances at a title for a little less.Guys want to play here for reasons we all know....Anyway,MoTay is going away IMO.
    As far as just drafting the best available big man,I think this is a mistake teams commonly make.How many busts have we seen as a result of that mindset?..keep it open...we need a 3 too...There's a decent chance we'll be able to move up making this a moot point..who knows?..You don't know who will slide either....or a couple of picks could get sent away with KC.. [​IMG]

------------------
    If I had my life to live over,I would have liked to have ended up as a sportswriter - Richard M. Nixon,1969

[This message has been edited by hardwood (edited April 05, 2001).]

3. Say_Jack

Say_Jack Member

Wow, I can't believe anybody thinks bringing Hakeem back will improve this team. His best days are gone, and he quit on the Rockets this year. Do you want to be emotional, or do you want to win??

BTW, if Mo T played for the Chicago Bulls, I think he could be a 20+ point, 8 rebound a game player. At his young age, the sky is the limit.

------------------

4. Band Geek Mobster

So you think our chances of winning are better with Cato logging (dead tree reference) more minutes?

------------------

5. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

yeah, who needs 15 points and about 9 rebounds night in and night out? Who needs interior defense anyway? Who needs veteran leadership and championship experience? I say get rid of the old fossil and we'll certainly be bound for the playoffs! ugh

------------------
    Hakeem, Hasaw, Haconquered.

6. Say_Jack

Say_Jack Member

Dude, if you think Hakeem will stay here for a small salary, you are high. He is going to try to go to a contender, and he will want 4 to 6 million a year, and he will spend half the year on the injured list.

Also, Hakeem is averaging 11 pts, and 7 rebounds a game, so get your facts straight. You have to average in the time he wanted to be traded with the time he was playing for next year's contract.

------------------

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Kelvin Cato + Attitude = Bill Russell

But that's another story.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

8. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Webber was better than Taylor when he was at Michigan.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

9. Jim1965

Jim1965 Member

Webber or Taylor?

GRAMMAR POLICE, PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS IMPROPER REFERENCE. TIA.

------------------
    Bob Rainey is my hero!

10. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

What the hell are you talking about? Hard to understand things when you ride a short yellow bus huh.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

11. Hydra

Hydra Member

I think that he meant from your sentence, one cannot tell if you mean when Webber was at Michigan and Taylor now, or when Taylor was at Michigan and Webber now, or when each was at Michigan.

------------------
    "Of course, thats just my opinion, I could be wrong" -- Dennis Miller

12. Say_Jack

Say_Jack Member

It is not nice to make fun of children in special education.

------------------