1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MLE Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, May 11, 2019.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I's obvious that Morey has to hit on an impact player using our MLE (something he failed to do last year). Here are 10 guys that conceivably may take the MLE to play with Houston:

1) Bogdanovic
    2) DeAndre Jordan (would make Capela expendable as a trade asset)
    3) Danny Green
    4) JJ Redick
    5) Millsap?
    6) Marcus Morris
    7) Thad Young
    8) Derrick Rose (underrated player)
    9) Pat Bev
    10) Ariza
    honorable mention) Al Farouq Aminu and Cauley-Stein

Who's on your MLE target list?

malakas likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

At least have of those will want more, much more. Try again

3. igotwhipscollectingdust

4. Buck Turgidson

5. malakas

malakas Member

Marcus Morris is going to get paid much more than the MLE. And Milsap even if he opts out he will also get paid much more and most likely by Denver.

Brook Lopez will be an UFA and its doubtful if the Bucks can keep him. Not sure what he can get in FA.

6. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Danny Green would be a dream but it ain’t happening

7. DLX94

DLX94 Member

I like your list. The problem is will any one of them want to play for us even if the price is right. Sigh. I like Bogdan. Smart player and can shoot. Same with Danny Green. Jordan would be nice but he'll stay in NY. Please Morey no more role players on the cheap. Need rebounders and reliable shooters who can play decent D. These killed us. Capela is so one dimensional he's like a younger version of Dwight. Our shooters are not consistent.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

None of them will come for the MLE here.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I think most of these guys sign for more than the MLE with their current team or sign for the non tax MLE which we won't be able to afford. most of these guys are key starters on teams that won't sign major guys this summer so they will pay them like starters $10-15M.

we will have much more slim pickings with only the tax-payer MLE to offer. I think we have a shot at guys like:

taj gibson
    Jabari Parker
    reggie bullock
    ed davis
    Tyreke evans
    Markieff morris
    Austin rivers
    jamaychal green
    Rodney hood
    Wayne ellington
    Corey Joseph
    Seth curry

out of these guys I would look for wing players wince green/shumpert/house aren't really playable vs. the warriors. neither was nene but there are morey minutes on the wing than at backup center so I'd spend the MLE on the wing.

guys we expressed interest in recently are Gibson, Evans, Morris, rivers, green, and Ellington.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

All of these ok players are irrelevant. If kd,kawhi,ad,or lebron don’t walk through that door for Houston, the chances of winning a championship will be no different.

Rockets will be that regular season team. Make the playoffs. Go home in the 1st or 2nd round.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just my two cents:

1) Pacers will pay and retain him, tax payer MLE is not enough fro him
    2) this is a name we should really keep an eye on, apparently he wanted to stay with the Knicks more than they wanted to keep him, which should be good cause maybe they have no interest in resign him regardless of how it goes with Durant etc, maybe they're just sold on Robinson. Still not sure the tax payer MLE is going to be enough, but if we offer him the starting spot maybe...
    3) No chance imo, will get at least the no tax MLE from someone
    4) Philly will try to resign him and can pay him more than us
    5) Denver will try to keep him and pay him more than us
    6) gonna get the no tax MLE imo
    7) not sure about his market value
    8) not sure why but it strikes me as some sort of Melo 2.0
    9) would love to have him back, not sure if he's going to get more money than what we can offer though, i think West will try to keep him though
    10) i still think someone is going to give him the no tax MLE, but would also love to get Trevor back

Cauley is restricted, no chance we get him, someone will offer way more than what we can, Aminu would be nice but i don't think the Blazers will let him go even though it'll cost them a bit considering they're a tax payer team.

Some names i would keep an eye on (even though i'm not sure we should pursue them):

Rozier) if Irving bolts he's probably staying in Boston, otherwise they might let him go, just not sure the tax MLE is going to be enough, rpobably not
    Rubio) if the Jazz don't resign him, i really don't know how many teams are going to pay him to start, someone probably will, but i wouldn't bet on it
    Gibson) still expect someone to throw the no tax MLE to him, regardless, wouldn't be a bad back up big
    Ed Davis) good athelte and terrific rebounder, i think Brooklyn will try to resign him though
    Dedmon) good rebounder, solid defender/shot blocker and can shoot the 3
    McConnell) would really like this guy but i expect Philly to retain him
    JaMaychal Green) would be a great fit but no chance he sign a tax MLE, also no chance West let's him go imo
    Pope) solid two way guard, had a meh season in LA but would be a solid signing for that money imo
    Ellington) great shooter but i'm not sure i would use the MLE on him, not enough defense imo, more worth the BAE or the minimum
    Seth Curry) would take a flyer on him just because his shooting, but his name alone will probably let him make more money that what we can offer

Aruba77 likes this.
  12. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Deandre Jordan maybe just maybe would sign a one year low deal. Obviously if we promise him a starting spot. And then trade Capela for some 3/4 that can give us shooting and length.

Hope Morey has a good plan because we ain’t winning a chip even if KD leaves as we are constructed currently. We are close but we need a few tweaks.

13. sew

sew Member

Maybe this guy? LOL

14. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

Also Dedmon is a center that would fit us much better than Capela