1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MLB.tv and NBA leaguepass

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BigM, Feb 8, 2011.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Im looking to cancel my cable because I've come to really only need it for the Rockets and Astros. I live in Houston, is there a way for me to use the NBA leaguepass and MLB.tv to watch the games through the Internet? I'm mostly wondering about the whole blackout thing and if there's a work around for that.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You can definitely watch the MLB season via the Internet by subscribing to MLB TV. Not sure about NBA.

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

League pass blocks out the local broadcast based on IP. So it will know your in Houston and you won't be able to watch it.

4. bobrek

Whoops. That's a good point. Same with MLB TV. I forgot that I watch the Astros from Minnesota. My only problem is that the Brewers are in Twins territory, so I can't get any of the Astros/Brewers games. It helps having a work server that I can VPN through in Seattle, however.

5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

For the NBA, try NBA League Pass Broadband. You get to watch every Rockets game on your computer for a pretty good price and it works great. (I have it) The nationally televised games do get blacked out though but the Rockets are never on national TV anyways.

Right now, the deal is 65 bucks for 7 teams to watch:

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/broadband/index.html

6. Turpis

Turpis Member

About NBA you can contact the guy who hacked the LP for price of 5$ you can watch it till they detect how to bypass the hack (not gonna happen soon) I'm watching it for 2 weeks (4 of my friends too), it's same like broadband premium LP, without blackouts.

He also said that MLB and NFL broadband LPs are from the same company and that he'll hack them as soon as they start...

Shoot me PM if you're interested

7. bobrek

So, just to be clear, on a public message board, your suggestion is for him to break the law as you are currently doing?

8. Turpis

Turpis Member

It's the same guy that did this... And we have topic about it:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=199087

9. bobrek

Not sure about the legality of archived games, but your suggestion was to pay someone $5.00 for a hack that would (by your implication) allow them to watch live games.

10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

You can watch NBA LP in Houston for all blacked out games except for the ones that are on NBA TV through a simple proxy.

Ive been doing it all year. Works perfectly.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Thanks for the advice... It seems that watching the Astros live without cable is where the problem is. Are Astros games available fairly regularly on streaming sites like the rockets are?