1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mirza Teletovic?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leangle25, Jun 21, 2016.

1. leangle25

leangle25 Member

Mirza Teletovic anyone?

2. leangle25

leangle25 Member

Good 3 pt stretch 4 we could need

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

He's Cheaper than Ryan Anderson.

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

I remember He put chandler parson in pop corn machine

5. Manun

Manun Member

Would be awesome with him and Whiteside as off season acquisitions as our big men.
    Only need a PG and better bench depth then we are ready (trade Ariza for one). Trade for PJ Tucker or Jared Dudley.

Whiteside / Capela
    Starting PF / Teletovic / Beasley
    PJ Tucker / Beasley / Dudley
    Harden / Dudley / Tucker
    PG / Beverley

Imagine this line up with 3 point shooters with Mike Dántoni.

Whiteside, Teletovic, Dudley, Harden and a good 3 point shooting PG.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Better Mirza at 5/6x for the bench than Anderson as a starter at 15/20x.

I would not waste money on him too though.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rather have Marvin Williams for the money.

Better rebounder, defender, more athletic, can play SF and PF.

Marvin made 150+ 3's this season at 40% while starting for the Hornets at PF.

I think Marvin is the perfect for fit for the D'Antoni 4 spot, really hope we can pick him up this off season.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Would like to have him off the bench for cheap. He's essentially the PF version of Troy Daniels, his value is inflated at the moment. He needs to get into better shape. Killer 3pt shooter, decent strength inside.

Would love to get Marvin Williams as suggested above. Good rotation player, well rounded, can come off the bench or in the worst case scenario start for us. Nowhere near as good a 3pt shooter as Teletovic, but 10 times the defender, and even though Williams is older he runs faster, moves quicker and jumps higher.

Personally, I'd rather bring D-Mo back. Best of both worlds if he continues to work on his 3pt shot. Value probably at all time low right now. Motivation probably at all time high.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Teletovic is actually surprisingly older then Williams, even though he seems like a dinosaur for being in the league for 11 year, he just turned 30.

Also I wouldn't underestemate the improvement Willaims has made on his shooting. Williams has shot .377 % on behind the arc his last 3 seasons on 331 made threes. Which is a higher percentage then Teletovics career average .375% on 416 made 3's over the past 4 seasons

I actually would welcome Williams as our starting 4, his rebounding for a small ball 4 is solid, his shot is solid, defense solid, athleticism solid.

I'm curious as to how Dmo would fit in a D'Antoni system at the power forward spot, I think he would be a great fit offensively as the center, but obviously he's not really a good enough defender or rebounder to play full time center. As for playing PF, he's hasn't been able to shoot at a high volume, his post ups wouldn't be utilized as much either, and he isn't quick enough to guard the small ball 4 that the league is moving to.

10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'd prefer his bearded brother Nikola Mirotic.

11. chandlerbang21

You need bigs to hit midrange shots in his offense as well.

12. chandlerbang21

Small ball just died in nba finals with Thompson , love and lebron carrying the big spots

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He's a tall shooter; I'm pretty sure we need some of those.

14. malakas

malakas Member

He cant' defend a chair.

Anyway he's a Swartz client. According to insider sources, since last year after the Suns became a trainwreck, he and his agent wanted to get traded to Swartz beloved pimp Kidd but failed to find a deal and last month the insider informed that he's the most likely to sign there. Not for a discount OFC.
    Can't say i'm really excited about that but if the alternative was Rhyno at 20 per then I would take it.

Dudley is so much better than Teletovic.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I agree.

While I def wouldn't mind teletovic as a bench option, I would much prefer dudley and/or Williams. I only see duds do spot duty small ball 4. Both are solid defenders who can hit the 3 at a high %.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sigh, this is my future with D'Antoni I suppose. We're gonna have players like Teletovic & Barbosa logging 28mpg. Yipee...

1 person likes this.
  17. eman

eman Contributing Member

Marvin Williams, please. To back up DMo.

18. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

This guy would be GREAT off the bench though Marvin Williams is definitely a lot better (and also a starter).

All this talk of Whiteside is nuts to me. His team was statistically worse with him on the floor and the NBA is clearly moving away from players like him. He'd be nice to have, don't get me wrong -- but not for the money he's going to command.

I'd rather Batum/Conley for that price.