1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Miles and McGrady

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by SooneRockStro, May 2, 2000.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Your guess is as good as mine as to who the Rocks will take, but I can almost guarantee you it's not going to a guard. The Rocks will probably take a PF if they get into the top 4 but I think Miles is the guy they're going to take at 9 if they stay there. BTW, is Miles a SF or a PF. I've heard comparisons to Garnett and KG is kind of an athletic PF. So it would be great if Miles is that good, but can he produce in his first year out of HS? I doubt he could make us a contender, but if we can somehow get McGrady in a sign/trade now we're talkin athletic and a contender. We would trade Cato and Drew and maybe a pick in the future to Toronto for McGrady. I would love to see a lineup look like this:
    C Dream/Miller
    PF Thomas/Miles/Bullard
    SF McGrady/Williams/Miles
    SG Anderson/Mobley
    PG Francis/Norris

I don't know how much McGrady will get. So if he signs for around 10 mill then we involve Williams and Cato and not Drew for salary cap reasons.

Or maybe we could just draft Elian Gonzalez at http--andrewcady.dhs.org-~pusher-elian.swf

This site is hilarious. Wassup!

------------------

[This message has been edited by SooneRockStro (edited May 01, 2000).]

2. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Miles will never be a power foward. He's projected to be a 2/3. All of this KG comparison is not accurate in my eyes. Think Latrell Sprewell with a couple of inches tacked on.

McGrady will get nothing less than the MAX.

------------------

3. MManal

MManal Member

Darius Miles is going to be a 2/3 as DaMan pointed out. He appears to be heading towards becoming a similar play to Tracy McGrady or a taller Sprewell. Miles and McGrady on the same team would pretty much be a duplication of talents. Miles is a 6-9 forward with long arms, that runs the court extremely well, handles the ball, plays well in transition and is all over the court on defense.

The KG comparison is pretty inaccurate b/c Miles does not have near the post up game of a Garnett or the size (KG is really about 7-1 despite his 6-11 listing.) Also, Miles lack KG's shooting range which he will absolutely need at the 3 spot.

Miles will need to develop his perimeter shot and add bulk to his lean frame in order to become a successful SF in the NBA. If he can develop these areas of his game, he will really become a stud in the league.

If anyone got a chance to see him in the McDonald's Game and Nike Hoops Summit, Miles basically outjumps the other HSers and gets a lot of his pts on dunks and putbacks. He will need to really define his offensive skills more as this will not work in the NBA.

------------------
    Check out the Best Source for Draft Info

Draftsource.net