1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike James decision possibly on July 11th

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/home_display.asp

A little long but gives insight into what possibly is causing the hitch.

2. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

IF CD was smart he'd start talking to a guy like Bonzi Wells about coming over

3. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

In short, if the Rockets want Mike James more than the Mavs, they'll get him.

So what if he accepts the S&T offer? Who do we sign with the MLE?

Maybe the door could still be open for V-Span.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

And while we wait for James the free agent market gets thinner and thinner and thinner.

I just hope its worth it because by the time James makes up his mind he may be just about all that is left that can make a legit impact on the team.

5. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Would there be a need for V-Span with Mike on board?

My guess is part of the MLE goes to a big guy. Jarron Collins or Kelvin Cato, perhaps.

I'd prefer Collins.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They better have a great plan B.

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

couldn't agree more.

8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

What's up with Bonzi? Why haven't teams rushed to his agent and start throwing rediculous contracts? If we can do S&T with James and get Bonzi with 5-year MLE, this team is going to rock!

Alston/James
    James/Bonzi/Head
    T-Mac/Bonzi/Battier/Novak
    Howard/Battier/Novak
    Yao/Mutumbo

9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I thought I read today that he turned down $6MM a year from Sacramento already, hoping for more money (Bonzi)

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Extra backcourt depth is always a good thing to have (plus V-Span gives you at least one decent-sized SG if/when T-Mac is at the forward position). Personally I'd prefer a backup F-C myself, though.

(OT) If JLIII continues to play at his torrid pace in the summer league, he could earn himself a backup PG spot on this team (if some other team doesn't sign him up first). That kid's got a future in this league, and I'm happy for him. It seems he's been working hard at his game and even though he didn't succeed last year, he never gave up.

11. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

There is a reason plan B's aren't plan A's.

What would Wesley be? plan Z?

Relax, in the James deal both sides have to know what the final numbers are for a 4 year MLE or a 5 year SnT, plus you have to negotiatge with Toronto.

Hey Mike, how's the construction coming on the new Houston house? Almost finished?

#11 Dubious, Jul 7, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Antisari isn't going to like this. It gets in the way of his opinion.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I guess we hope, then, that the MLE number doesn't grow much, so the $4.2 million sign and trade deal looks better by comparison.

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I heard earlier this week on ESPN radio that the number should only go up a couple of hundred K.

(if I heard it on the radio, it must be true)

15. anitasri

anitasri Member

What an Dumb Explanation to 'expalin the Delay?

To suggest that the calculations of the MLE amount is being verified and is the cause of the hold up shows how stupid it can get.

As If James would care if the Houston offer is 5,000 0r 50,000 dollars less than the Dallas offer! Give me a ****** Break!

All it says is one thing Mike James is having a fun time in Vegas enjoying his allocated time under the spotlight.

16. MandM's

MandM's Member

I saw Fox Sports the other night and they reported that the deal was as good as done.

Who do we consider if the deal falls through? It has been known to happen.

17. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

I do think he will sign with us but I doubt he made his decison already since I am not sure..... but has he already met with Dallas and Minnesota? :confused:

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Not at this point. The first 4 days were hot and heavy but there has been a lull since. When the MLE & salary cap numbers come in there will be another flurry and things will die down again. If MJ doesn't conclude with the Rox during the next flurry of agreements, we know something is wrong. If things go well, the Rox should then be able to use the MLE in short order.

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Have you ever gone out to a bar and started talking to one pretty girl and you think you got her locked up but then you see a prettier girl and so you go over there and start talking to her but then find out she's not really interested in you she just wants a drink and to make her boyfriend jealous and so you go back to original pretty girl and she has two other dudes hitting on her and she won't give you the time of day anymore.

20. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Everyone likes to be fawned over, and don't hold it against James that he is human.

If you're a hot shot kid with a MBA from harvard, guess what, recruiting season is fun. Same with Top of their class kids in IT, Engineering, Business, etc. Same with 24 year olds in law school. You take the flights to NYC, Chicago, DC, Houston, you interview with the best in the country. You eat the fancy dinners. You listen to them tell you how smart and articulate you are. You spent 3-4 years working your ass off, trying to get to the top of the class. You get to cash in your chips once and pick the place to work. Nothing wrong with enjoying the process a little. In fact, it would be weird if you didn't.