1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Apr 11, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

Wow... no wonder trump likes him so much!

3. NewRoxFan

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't think we want to elect someone who might be compromised by a foreign power.

KingCheetah, NewRoxFan and B-Bob like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

Shocked! Shocked I tell ya!"

U.S. court says North Carolina gerrymander is illegal, seeks new congressional map
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...gal-seeks-new-congressional-map-idUSKCN1LD026

B-Bob likes this.
  6. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

7. NewRoxFan

Wow... amazing what the republican party has become...

B-Bob likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

After the dust settles, I would be very interested in the "D and R" turnout numbers. Particularly the Democratic turnout. Florida and Arizona are important states in the grand scheme of things, and one would think that "D" turnout would be up, and "R" turnout flat, or down. We'll see. Seems like the sort of info Rachel Maddox would be all over, bless her.

9. NewRoxFan

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really? Are you this desperate to pretend there's a scandal? She was ahead by 20 in the polls and won easily. Exit polls would have told everyone that long before the votes were counted. Must have been the Russians though, right?

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The Florida results is interesting. DeSantis was going to win the Republican nomination. He is a solid candidate for the Republicans.

What I find disturbing is Gillum, the most progressive Democrat beat out the more centrist Gwen Graham. I like Graham. I like DeSantis. Graham seems more grounded in reality.

Gillum is just another clueless progressive who lives in a fantasy, pushing for $15 minimum wage, medicare for all, and raising corp taxes to pay teachers more. I can tolerate this nonsense in Congress, however as a governor, I want someone who is actually going to accomplish something besides wasting time pushing progressive agendas that wont pass.

The bigger picture is the leftist are still pushing these progressive candidates instead of focusing on ones who are more centrist. This does not look promising for the 2020 election. If the leftist continue to nominate the most progressive candidates like Gillum and Cortez over the very reasonable centrist, we very well may see another 4 years of Trump.

Astrodome likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Of course, you really want the president of the United States sowing fear of violence... not a question of different approach... but violence.

Donald Trump warns of violence if Republicans lose midterm elections
    President warns free speech and religious freedoms under threat

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...e-evangelical-christians-antifa-a8512406.html

13. NewRoxFan

More to story:

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Here is the thing...when polled...Americans want these things. If a Democrat runs on these issues, they will win.

Even Conservatives want medicare for all, it's very popular. It's not a losing message, no matter how much everyone tries to spin it as such, people that run on that are going to put up a tough fight in any election.

mtbrays likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Funny to see that republicans/conservatives/trump supporters dislike compromise/moderate/"rinos" but complain when Democrats are not moderates but have more "liberal" positions.

JayGoogle likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It really just depends on how naive the voters are, running on "free stuff" is always popular among the most naive and least intelligent in society but those who realize that "free stuff" isn't actually free will usually reject that nonsense especially if they realize what harm "free stuff" would do to the economy.

cml750 likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Source?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which part wasn't self-evident to you?

cml750 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Funny how WSJ considered the more extremist/hateful/insane candidates (Sheriff Joe and Kelli Ward) as "more conservative". And Ben Sasse tried to correct that...

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ah, so your post is basically "Voters who agree with me, SMART! Voters who disagree with me, DUMB!"

Got it. I was wondering if there was more thought put into it, guess not.