1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Oher Blindsided by his parents

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AleksandarN, Aug 15, 2023.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

IBTL likes this.
  2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Typical ingrate, throwing his white saviors under the bus.

Ottomaton and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They never felt bad about it and adopted him outright...sad.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of those situations where it is kind of hard to know who is in the right. But by virtue of the fact that Tuohys signed a contract for his movie rights and in it he was never paid a dime makes me think they didn't really have his best interests at heart. That's pretty messed up.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

6. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Blindsided by his parents.... what a zinger!

Good job OP

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

clos4life likes this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

Sandra Bulluck fooled all of us.

9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well a classic he said, they said - for some reason, I believe Oher over the Tuohy family. The Mrs. Tuohy (who was played by Sandra Bullock) looks very disingenuous to me.

10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Didn’t the Tuohy’s have over 200 million dollars. Hard to believe they they screw over Oher’s share of the profits from the movie deal. Which was like 250k

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I really don’t know - I do know that I read somewhere that Oher always seemed to have a problem with how he was portrayed in the movie. Maybe he’s had a grudge against the Tuohys ever since - it’s why it is a he said they said thing. Reminds me of Johnny Depp/Amber Heard…

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yeah, wealthy people being greedy...highly unusual.

13. adoo

adoo Member

https://abc7chicago.com/the-blind-side-michael-oher-sean-tuohy-response-conservatorship/13653109/#:~:text=The former NFL star claimed,profiting off him for years.&text=The lawyer for Sarah and,make money from the story.

"The lie of Michael's adoption is one upon which Co-Conservators Leigh Anne Tuohy and Sean Tuohy have enriched themselves at the expense of their Ward, the undersigned Michael Oher," the legal filing reads.
    "Michael Oher discovered this lie to his chagrin and embarrassment in February of 2023, when he learned that the Conservatorship to which he consented on the basis that doing so would make him a member of the Tuohy family, in fact provided him no familial relationship with the Tuohys."

Oher's petition alleges that the four members of the Tuohy family -- including the couple's two biological children, Sean Tuohy Jr. and Collins Tuohy -- received "$225,000.00 plus 2.5% of all future 'Defined Net Proceeds'" when negotiating for the film "The Blind Side," which is based on the 2006 book "The Blind Side: Evolution of the Game" by Michael Lewis, a childhood friend of Sean Tuohy.

in his petition, Oher is asking the Tuohys for "accounting for all sums of money belonging to their said ward, Michael Oher, and to pay over such sums received by them, or either of them, as aforesaid, which should have been paid over to the said ward, Michael Oher, plus interest from the time of receipt of such sums of money."

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I always thought the version told in the movie was too good to be true. The fact that he signed with Ole Miss (both parents alma mater) makes the cynic in me very suspicious. Especially in the dirty world of the SEC and college football in general.

Oher is already a multi millionaire. Why would he do this for money?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I dont think this is for money. I think he wants the conservatorship torn up so that he can regain control of his NIL (name, image and likeness). The money itself is probably not relevant at this point.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's been out of the league for 7 years now and it appears he must not have been very smart with his money since now he's looking to get bailed out with one final payday.

Honestly this was too predictable, no good deed ever goes unpunished.

ROCKSS likes this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The movie sucked. Can we admit that? It was Hallmark Channel quality. The over-the-top White Savior aspect of the story was eyeroll inducing, yes, but even putting that aside, it sucked. Bullock's accent was awful, too. I didn't watch it when it first came out, but when I did get around to watching it I was excited for it because of all the good things I had heard about it. Yet, it was terrible. Really, really bad.

I don't know what exactly is going on, but it is weird that he didn't get any money from the movie at all, but the Tuohy's kids did. I think we can all agree that's a little bizarre.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

They should pay off their ex-non-son and get on with their lives.

Im the law, b****es!

Sincerely, Michael Oher’s lawyer

[​IMG]

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

~♫ Blinded by the whites
    Revved up like a deuce
    Another runner in the night
    Blinded by the whites ♫ ~

20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member