1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

miami--how good will they be?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by illadelph, Sep 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. illadelph

illadelph Member

How good will they be without Zo? Do you see playoffs as a possibility? I hear Brian Grant and Eddie Jones are coming off of really strong summers and that the offense might be more geared to their style of play.

2. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

I think they're going to be terrible. Farm league. Brian Grant had one good series against Karl Malone when he was with Portland, and that was it.

3. lpbman

lpbman Member

solid starting 2-3-4

but no PG, no C, and not much of a bench

4. Stylez

Stylez Member

The East is bad but I don't think it bad enough for the Heat to make the playoffs. It was gonna be a longshot w/ Zo IMO, but now that he's gone their best player is a rookie and their second "best" player has slipped to being slightly above average (Eddie Jones). I recently moved down here in Miami and no one, and I mean NO ONE is tallking about the Heat.

#4 Stylez, Sep 22, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2002
  5. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Do the HEAT have a first round draft pick this year? They are lottery bound, maybe down to 6th pick.

6. illadelph

illadelph Member

What happened to EJ's game? I used to watch him with Charlotte and he was great. I know sometimes he has trouble with stronger players, but he can do almost everything on the court--shoot, rebound, block shots, steal. He's a complete player.

7. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I've been wondering the same thing. I don't think he's gotten that old, maybe he's just being misused.

8. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Miami will be alright because there's not a lot of top line centers in the East so they could get away with starting B. Grant there. They will be decent and I think they have the talent to make the playoffs, but a first-round exit is likely.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Miami's gowans'ta stank.

The Heat will need some good luck next year (Kandi? decent draft pick?) to really get the rebuilding process going. Riley sticks too long with older over-paid players. I hope Zo gets better for Zo's sake, but Zo aside, Riley runs those guys into the ground and breaks out into a rash whenever someone says "re-build."

10. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

His style, both on offense and defense, was predicated on a lot of freedom and instinct, and Riley demands precision and discipline...

11. coolpet

coolpet Member

sign tim hardway and Wang, problem solved