1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Met Morey at Dynamo match

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by douglasreedy1, Mar 10, 2014.

1. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

I originally decided not to post this, but after some thought, I just wanted all my fellow rockets nuts to hear about my positive thoughts on the guy... So I saw him about to enter his suite at halftime of the Dynamo match Saturday night and said his name pretty loud... He looked over and I introduced myself.... Yada Yada... He played soccer growing up, big fan... I told him I had his back when a lot of people were talking crap about him..
    .. (look it up, it's true!)... He smiled, and was very humble... Said, "we've been pretty lucky..." I didn't ask for a photo cuz I hate bothering famous people, and generally don't really care... But I am a massive fan of Morey and have been for some time... I'm not looking for rep or likes or anything... Just wanted you guys to know that the gm of the team we all love is cool as f&ck, humble, and if I could have a beer with anyone, he'd be pretty high on my list. Go rockets!

5 people like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This "story without pics" pales in comparison to the other Pat Bev call center "story without pics"

3. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

I'll assume you're half joking... And couldn't care less about the" no pic" comments... If I was more of a douche, I suppose I would have inconvenienced him to the point of finding someone to snap a photo of us together. But then I don't care if anyone here believes me. Maybe my initial thought on not posting this was right.

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

No hate here. Cool story.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's a cool story, bro. Morey seems to be a great guy. Thanks for sharing! I repped you.

6. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

I'm not bothered with reps, I was just thinking that I would have liked to hear a story about how cool my favorite gm was in person... Cheers guys!

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was just being silly. never want to dissuade anyone from posting their cool stories.

8. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

OK no worries mate... I was telling a buddy of mine about meeting him... About him playing table tennis with Lin, making my favorite sports team relevant again... And now I find out he's a big soccer fan... So yeah he's basically my favorite celebrity... Although anyone not a member of clutch fans would probably laugh and any of us referring to him as a celebrity....

9. SevenMinuteAbs

My cousin met him too and i was hoping this was his post so i can say "cool story bro". But i was actually really excited an slightly envious that he met him. I believe it was after the game, he just thanked him for bringing us James and Dwight and Morey was like "just doin my job!".

10. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

I really wouldn't care to have a beer with anyone like cruise or Pitt or Beckham, but a guy like Morey... I tried to play it cool, but I probably came off as whatever random dork that comes up to him at the MIT conference...

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Righteous story brethren.

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Huh? It is a cool story and post that is for sure, but you're making it seem like you knew it would have been an inconvenience for him to take a photo with a fan. I'm pretty sure Morey doesn't get hit up for pictures with fans most places he goes to-not like Lin, Dwight, CParsons, Harden, etc.
    Not like a pic is necessary for the board or it would have made your day and getting to meet him any better or worse but you might as well have asked (if you did want a picture) as opposed to just believing it would inconvenience him and he might feel better if you didn't ask for one.
    (Now if he was carrying two plates of food and some drinks and had his family coming out of the suite to tell him to get back in then ok I'd understand)

Anyway, cool story, Morey sounds like cool peoples (I think all 3 Texas team GM's are real cool, fun people from what I've seen. Not like the Mitch Kupchaks of the league)

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

CSB!

no pics necessary, he mentioned the dynamo game on twitter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>2-0 <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonDynamo">@HoustonDynamo</a> in the early going. Hopefully all <a href="https://twitter.com/tallyhallGK">@tallyhallGK</a> needs! <a href="http://t.co/slbuV6ah3N">pic.twitter.com/slbuV6ah3N</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/statuses/442478575434739712">March 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

not even o

Such a razizt bitzch is what you are. i know what you are and why you are. You are not earth. you are not emus. you are are not even on the same level a my. Grand pineapple you ****************

!

15. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

according to OP you are a douche if you take a picture with a famous person. okay lol

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Cool story. This board used to be built on these posts.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Was he as tall as I dreamed him to be?

18. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

OP was probably the yellow king and didnt want to be outed

19. conquistador#11

he must go there for the dynamo dancers.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I met him at Margarita Madness back in the day. That Morey loves him some frozen margaritas.

[​IMG]