1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Message to Steve Francis...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Do WHAT?, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

WOW!

Regardless of how this series ends, I want to "Thank you" for your unbelievable effort against the Lakers. I have routinely pleaded for a change at the point, but let me now beg for forgiveness. If a taste of the playoffs gives you the motivation to take control of YOUR team, I can’t wait to see you in the starting lineup next year. Forget any change during the off-season…. Maybe this team does only need a little tweak here and there.

After watching the game this afternoon, I was more excited about the future than I was mad about the out come of the game.

Thank you!

2. rocksolid

rocksolid Contributing Member

I echo your sentiments...

#2 rocksolid, Apr 25, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
  3. eyeagainst

eyeagainst Contributing Member

Although the rockets season isnt over yet, im am already looking forward to next season, and I hope we dont trade steve, cat or jim jackson. Lets hope Rockets can add Nick Van Excel in the offseason.

4. rocksolid

rocksolid Contributing Member

The Rockets are one player away from the BIG 4 in the West...

We need a stronger presence at the POWER FORWARD. This series is exposing that weakness.

5. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

After watching the Texans add to their team the last couple of days... I can't wait to see what JVG and CD bring to this team. Like I stated earlier, WOW.
    Nick Van X - and or - a strong PF... Can't wait to find out. Time to start making this team into a true challanger for the championship.

6. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

I agree. This team just needs some better bench players.

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Exactly imagine if we went out after say a player with Boozeresque skills. THat would not only solidify our PF spot it would ensure our backup C and our backup PF spots.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

steve has been an all-star in these playoffs. i also hope we don't trade him as i doubt we could get anything of equal value and our backcourt simply is not the problem. you put a good 4 in there who can rebound AND hit the jumper and this team is set.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Exactly, I hope we don't lose SF. SF and Yao are my favorite stars on the Rockets team. Boki is my favorite player whenever he makes an appearance on the floor. (player who isn't a star....yet)

What we are missing is the #4 spot. Cato has been great this season, all the better to trade him. Hopefully his trade value has increased. We need better backups, Spoon and MJ aren't going to cut it.

10. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

He still needs to be traded for this team to grow. So what if he's doing ok in the playoffs. The team is still down 3-1!! Some of you people, mainly the SOFs, act like francis is carrying this team and is on the verge of knocking out the lakers.:rolleyes:

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

so you're saying the whole team should be traded?

12. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

No mainly just Francis and Cat.

13. Uprising

Did someone just release a fart?

Ok, by your name and you calling out SOF's, I am assuming you are a YOF.

For one thing, SF is carrying this team. You think anyone else is in the playoffs?!

The guy is nearly averaging a FREAKIN triple double this post season.

21pts, 9rbs, 8assits.

Does it really make you that mad to see fans happy with Francis this post season? :rolleyes:

Please stop the bashing....and don't enter a feel good thread and release your crap.

....pew.

14. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Dunno, maybe my expectations are just higher than all of yours. I want this team to contend for a championship. I'm not happy about getting knocked out in the first round, especially to the freaking lakers. I don't know. I just can't be all happy about being down 3-1 like the rest of you. But hey if you guys are happy about this, then by all means, I can't change that. Some of you talk about learning by losing like this. The rockets lost both these games in the 4th qtr. Now didn't they do that for most of the regular season too? Frankly I don't see much learning, just seeing the same thing I saw in the regular season

15. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

if its not for Francis, this series wun even have a 1 and 2 close games......

16. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

I don't buy that. Having another decent pg who can pass and hit the outside shot, but doesn't have a big ego where he needs to be the man, and I say the Rockets are up 3-1. Francis basically dribbled the season away today.

17. Uprising

IIRC we lost this one in the third, had a great comeback in the 4th and then lost in OT.

Man, ofcourse I want the Rockets to make it past the first round. I felt hollow after todays loss. It was devastating. But, like people say, yao is only in his 2nd season and he is going to be our big force when he gets better. Stevie has really stepped up the game and appears to have his confidence back that he can take over games and seems to understand that he MUST take care of the ball.

I would love to see our team as a contender, but we are a couple of years away from that. Perhaps just 1 year. But in order to be a contender you have to have power forwards etc. That is what we don't have.

We have a terrible bench. Boki is a spark, Taylor is usually instant offense. But other then them two who is there to play that is really worth it? Spoon? MJ? Pike? Padge? NO! They aren't what we need.

So putting all the blame on one player, in this case Steve Francis is ludicrous. The Rockets are missing the parts needed. And that is the bench's role. That and we have been starting a Center at the PF spot, and this has been a Center who can't shoot.

----my two cents.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Steve Francis has played terrific in his first playoff series. I forgot who said it: "the playoffs are really going to clear things up for the Rockets." And its true, we've seen SF lead this team to 4 good games.

Steve's shot is looking a lot better, his decision making has been almost flawless, he is rebounding. And I think most of all, SF is beginning to learn how he needs to play to win games.

Keep SF, JJ, and Yao, surround them with a real PF and some smart role players and we have a team. SF and Yao are looking more and more comfortable every game.

19. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

never mind that the same dribble penetration brought clutch points at the end of game 3. Lets just nit pick out the parts of game 4 we want.... ;)

20. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

great post, agree totally :cool: