1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Merrick Garland potentially misled congress

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...l-showing-FBI-threat-tags-school-related.html

Garland testified on Oct. 21 that the Justice Department and its components were not using counterterrorism tactics to target 'concerned parents at school board meetings.'

Garland testified that he could not 'imagine any circumstance in which the Patriot Act would be used in circumstances of parents complaining about their children, nor ... a circumstance where they would be labeled as domestic terrorists.'

Ranking Member Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, said that new evidence shows Garland's testimony was 'incomplete and requires additional explanation,' or that Garland may have 'willfully misled the committee about the nature and extend of the department's use of federal counterterrorism tools,' against parents.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Big difference between threats of violence and complaints made to school boards.

Sweet Lou 4 2, Nook, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

it doesnt look to me like theyre targeting "concerned parents", but rather people who make threats against school administrators and teachers.

due to right-winger propaganda and fear-mongering there has been an increase in threats and physical assaults against educators. im glad the current administration is doing something to go after those types of people instead of encouraging them like the previous administration did.

Amiga, Newlin, VooDooPope and 2 others like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Best part of this misleading story… published in a UK tabloid, tweeted by jack prosobiek and reporting gym jordan. You hit all the trumpy in one thread starter.

Blatz, rockbox, leroy and 4 others like this.
  5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

the dip$hit trifecta

A better thread title might read, "Merrick Garland's Use of English Language Baffles Former President dipShit Supporters"

#5 Rashmon, Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

b**** t*** BILLY

SHOW'EM HOW TO BIGLY RIG

WHY AM I NOT REINSTATED

SAD

YOU HAD ONE JOB YOU LAZY WORTHLESS PIG

Sweet Lou 4 2, Nook and Andre0087 like this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

@Astrodome can we be real here for just a second??

Why on earth do you think that the FBI and the senior levels of the DOJ even have to waste their time with security concerns AT SCHOOL BOARD MEETINGS???

Why did school board meetings become a hotbed for threats of violence against even local public officials and school teachers making less than 50K a year working 14 hour days often????

Dude... your party and those propaganda outlets that work for them.... THEY OWN THIS. Why aren't you standing against people like Michael Flynn, Tucker Carlson, Gym Jordan, Gregg Abbott, etc. who are working overtime to create this chaos???

Also... Merrick Garland is the only person standing in between the Republican Party and the freaking hammer coming down. If another person from DOJ in the line of succession gets his job what the hell do you think is going to happen??? Merrick Garland is someone the right should fall in love with because he's likely the moderating force standing in the way of alot of prosecutions of the Trump crime family.

You would be stupid to want to kick him out of power.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I've literally seen multiple examples of parents hounding school board members walking to their cars and saying **** like "I know where you live"
    They are also getting death threats over the phone.

You don't think that **** needs to be investigated @Astrodome ?

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

When your party starts condemning and not participating the nationwide riots and looting then talk to me. These parents arent commiting actual violence.

When the parents are threatening violence against local school board members, then have the local authorities arrest them. Or just tell garland to be transparent about the FBI surveillance.

slothy420 and TheresTheDagger like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

When will your party condemn Jan6 and stop calling it a the “patriot purge”?

When will your party stop spreading the Big Lie and accept that Biden won fair and square?

The old…. Two wrongs make a right argument….

Are you saying local authorities haven’t been involved in the far right wing threats of violence?

VooDooPope likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Conservatives have lost all accountability.

It amazing in 2016, conservatives went from “takers and makers” to “everyone is taking advantage of us”.

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Man I wish you guys would stop lumping all Republicans together...

There are Conservative Republicans and then there are the Trump Republicans....

Most of the idiocy that you see is from Trump Republicans... Even on this board..

T_Man

RocketManJosh and Corrosion like this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

How many conservatives believe the Big Lie?

How many conservatives support Trump?

Why was Liz Cheney just purged?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

A venn diagram

[​IMG]

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jim Jordan?

The guy who was a coach at Ohio State and let his wrestlers get fondled?

The guy who has not authored a single piece of legislation?

That Jim Jordan - man the Republicans and their crooks, pedophiles, and conspiracy theorists have hit rock bottom.

DD

Andre0087 likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess the knot is that each Republican has to decide between is how much they loathe more: Trump Idiocy or Liberal Arrogance, and then jump to the other side. Libs here aren't that forgiving after the 4 years of unfiltered spite coming from Trump and his enablers.

I wish there were ways to get around that and bring back legitimate Conservatism, but it's been a beached whale since the George Dub**** Bush disaster. Easy to blame one man as "RINO" when Republicans In Name And Office had total control of Congress and SCOTUS.

All Cons had total amnesia during those years when they got every Con wish passed (tax cuts funded by previous admin surplus, wholesale deregulation...that forshadowed Enron and Madoff, unchecked budget, unfunded stimulus, unfunded war, unfunded other war, religious mandates over science institutions) and bitter Con compromises rejected (Romneycare on a national level, Reagan like amnesty for immigration reform, cap and trade carbon tax).

Intellectual Conservatism went so downhill that when moderate John McCain brought in Palin as a joke (old man tantrum for not getting his original choice), Republican voters loved that choice and doubled down on it every year.

I'm not sure how you guys will ever take back your party... yadda yadda rock and a hard place.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

January 6th is different / strange in that its a protest directly to and against the authority figures but that the premise of that protest was false.

Those people took their protest directly to the government officials rather than burning down some **** in city unknownX while the left tries to tell us was "mostly peaceful protest" as half that city is burning in the background & lotters are running out of Tarjet ....

They had the right target , they had the wrong reason ....

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Democratic party elected Joe Biden who repeatedly has called for protests to be peaceful, and to prosecute those who destroy property. You know this is the case that the Democratic Party does not support looting and destruction of property.... so why are you lying???

"These parents aren't committing actual violence" is a statement that is really something. My wife is a teacher, and while she's been spared so far, her school district has put on leave multiple teachers, and a principle for the mere accusation of CRT by these ridiculous parents that watch the same propaganda you obviously consume and sympathize with.

So while no violence has been shed at my wife's school board meeting yet.... lives and careers are absolutely being destroyed. And yes that principle who was the first black principle in school district history is 100% getting death threats that he has shared. He was fired for having the audacity to make a comment about racial justice after George Floyds murder.

Because saying something that is on par with what Roger Goddell said after George Floyds death is something if you are an educator of color is worth losing your livelihood over to people who think like you do because of the media you consume. It's outrageous, and i cannot for the life of me understand how you can be ignorant enough to believe that what people are doing in attacking public schools violently or non-violently is not the issue that it obviously is.

19. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think the democratic party participated in looting. I don't remember that being part of their platform. I do agree with you though that the democratic party was more supporting of protests and some members of the party approved of rioting. I also agree that a majority of Americans did not approve of the protests after they turned to riots and looting.

The FBI has a history of investigating threats of violence. They also WERE involved in investigating the protests/riots. A threat or violence is viable to be investigated, and you know that.

The FBI has investigated a wide variety of threats and will continue to do so. Also, I haven't seen any real evidence that Garland has or hasn't been transparent about FBI surveillance.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

The Republican Party is split.. Hence the Lincoln Project..... The majority of individuals that started that project are all Conservative Republicans who hate Trump....

So it's like saying

All Whites are this.....
    All Blacks are this.....

T_Man