1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

menu bar missing on clutchfans.net in ff

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by pasox2, Oct 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hi. I wanted to report that I'm missing the menu bar buttons when I open clutchfans.net in firefox 1.0.7. Maybe y'all can give me some tips so I can keep using ff.

Here is a screen cap :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pasox2/52676323/

[​IMG]

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Based on the screen cap.. it looks like something is blocking the menus and anything that is done in the flash as an AD BLOCK.

You might have to unblock them from the software that is blocking them, either an extension you loaded or a 3rd party software that is supposed to block ads.

3. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Yup, that's the Adblock extension you have installed. Unfortunately, it's not that easy to simply allow clutchfans to show all items that might be labeled ads with that extension. You can try going to "Tools-->Extensions-->Adblock (Double-click)" and see if anything on the blacklists says anything about clutchfans. If so, remove them.

Did you set it to remove the google ads on here or something? Because if that's the case, it probably caused the front page to look like that in doing so.

4. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was adblock. I disable it when I visit here now. Everything works great for cf.net, then, but I can't jump from tab to tab or over multiple windows ad-free.

The google ads showed fine, it was flash and java that got blocked, I think.

I'm not sure how to just block one thing, and not another. Too bad, it's a useful tool, esp on pop up littered sites like realgm.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member