1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mentally Disabled Man Assaulted in Philly, Possible Aid?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kendrick Lamar, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Good Morning,

Last week, footage was released of a mentally challenged man in Germantown, Philadelphia getting sucker punched in the head by ruthless teenagers. The victim walked away but still fell victim to another punch. Fortunately the teenagers were arrested and are facing charges

However, I am moved to try and don't know where to start in regards to offering some support or aid to this man, who works at a supermarket.

Here is a link to the video:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4577108/Hunt-teens-seen-horrifying-viral-video-sucker.html

(I don't want to give the DailyMail excessive clicks, so if someone knows how to embed the video, that's greatly appreciated!)

I am curious whether my CF brethren know the proper avenues in reaching out and offering aid to this man.

Relevant news to this case:
    ttp://6abc.com/news/police-id-boys-involved-in-attack-on-mentally-challenged-man-in-germantown/2068593/

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/c...challenged-man-school-principal-20170606.html

http://www.wbaltv.com/article/teens-arrested-for-attack-on-disabled-man/9987466

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Parents need to be charged for raising sorry pieces of crap

tinman and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is the worst thing I've heard about all day.

I don't know how in this day and age ****ed up people still do stuff like this. :(

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Apart from the horrible nature of the video, the guy took the punch like a champ.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yeah those pieces of garbage need to be locked up.

Kendrick Lamar and tinman like this.
  6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Not watching but does anyone yell "WORLDSTAR!"

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sick.

Those assholes should be beaten worse than the poor guy. Wtf did he do to anyone to deserve that from those pieces of sh**.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Man. I couldn't watch the video. Almost teared up reading the story.

9. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Hey CF,

Thankfully, someone in the community is setting up a gift basket for Mark (the victim) and expected to deliver it sometime next week.

If you're moved to donate, just message the lady. I was thinking of just sending her money through Venmo to put towards the gift basket.

Here's the FB link:

I'm a broke post-grad, about to start grad school, so I'm strapped for cash, but I'm trying to see if anything can be done about offering a legitimate fund for Mark and his parents who still care for him, and provide any resources that are necessary.

I will post updates here. You guys are awesome!

Have a blessed day!

Kim likes this.