1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo Deal starting all over according to Woj

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I would offer them Ariza and Anderson at best... if they don't want Anderson then it's Ariza and fillers while getting other teams involved.

Fulgore likes this.
  2. Bowlrips

Bowlrips Member

Again good effort but forgetting major aspect.
    He has 2 years left including ETO.
    Salary is stretched by twice the remaining years plus 1. So in Anthony's case it would be 54 mil over 5 years.

Jpripper88 likes this.
  3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

That's what i thought as well. I'm just not sure that's good for Houston. One thing is that it puts the Cavs back in the picture as a potential Melo landing spot since they can still retain Love. The other thing is that even if Melo signs with the rockets after a buyout - how do they re-sign him next year?

Maybe there's some CBA machination that helps teams re-sign players after a big buyout that I don't know about.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Portland is on one. They basically negotiated in bad faith.

5. basketballholic

Here's the thing. The Knicks do not want the pr nightmare they will face if an unhappy Melo is still on the roster in October and into the season. You're talking about unmitigated disaster holding a player of his ilk against his will. Won't work and they will regret it. Played out in the media and in the court. Just a disaster. Then if the league gets involved and disciplines Melo the players union is going to come right back and turn the whole season into a smelly turd.

I'm sure Silver sees and understand this and won't allow anything to damage the NBA product. He'll wind up helping the Knicks/Rockets get the trade done if they even get to that point.
    Knicks are screwed here. They were the idiots that gave him control of the franchise with max contracts and the no trade clause. It's on them. They'll have to lie in the bed they made. We are not going to sell the farm for Melo and hamstring ourselves going forward. They're not going to get much value for him and I'm sure they're going to get less now by resetting than they would have before.

Remember all the offers that were on the table early for DeMarcus. Sacramento piddled and piddled. They lost. Knicks are only going to lose more here.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ariza wouldn't do much for them anyway, he's too old for what they want to do and he's expiring, no way he would resign in that shithole and they know it. Other teams would probably move a decent asset for Trevor though...but **** the Knicks, let them play hardball, we'll see how that turns out.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

this deal just isnt going to happen. the new knicks GM would rather have melo stay the year and then opt out, or have the rockets give up capella and gordon, and that would weaken the rockets to the point of it almost being a lateral move, for a 33 yr old player.

its just not going to happen :(

8. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

all assets gone BACK TO REALITY

9. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I would think that Ariza is pretty much damn near untouchable with being a key recruiter for CP3

Remlap likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Melo is just going to have to put his foot down on this ridiculous front office. Make them live up to their word!

11. TheRealAllpro

Ok after actually watching the video it makes me feel really good. It might take a while but Woj made it seem like its inevitable.

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Amazingly enough, I agree completely. Although, you might have more faith in Silver than I do.

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Anderson and cash considerations... Shove it down their throats...

BHannes2BHonest and Bids9 like this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Woj doesn't handle jokes and stuff on air well. Rachel Nichols was having a grand ole time and woj was acting like he was at the dentists office

rocketseagles07 and DonKnock like this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I'm sure eventually they will socialize him into their unfortunate brand of unprofessionalism.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol

17. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Woj is definitely not an ESPN personality.

It's doubtful whether he's even a television personality.

BigMaloe and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Woj is like "I'm just here to report the news mam" and Nichols is throwing her arms around being sarcastic. Surprised he doesn't break out into a sweat

mario_v and DonKnock like this.
  19. TheRealAllpro

If this was any other year I'd say this but the Warriors have 4 top 20 players and a smart FO. We need a damn Allstar team to beat them 4 in 7

20. jae713

jae713 Member

Let the **** posting commense.