1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mduke's CBS Fantasy Basketball League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by mduke, Oct 1, 2001.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

All trades should be voted on, as it keeps the league balanced. Our league has 12 teams, 4 votes against a trade negates it. Your league has 8 teams, 3 votes against is enough to void a trade.

2. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

The whole changing the composition of the league argument is a bit flimsy. I mean what was Wallace, a fifth round pick in our league? If he was so elite in some of your eyes, then why didn't you take him with any of your first four picks? Like I said, I'd be fine with a reversal of the trade, but I think it has the potential to start a bad trend. The right to veto should be only be used if it is severely lopsided, i.e. Collier for Shaq, or if it is obvious collusion is involved. Otherwise your basketball opinion alone is not enough to vote it down. Afterall, is every trade going to have to be entirely equal in each and every owners mind for something to go down? Seems to be heading that way

3. mduke

mduke Member

chrisjent, dont get mad at the guys, they just did what they thought was best. and i offered you a different trade, i dont know if you got that... if you really want wallace, make me an offer, he's for sale :)

4. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

The pending trade involving Rasheed and Fortson is no different than the one the league vetoed a few days back. In fact, Wright (the principle involved in the first trade for Rasheed) actually has both more points and rebounds than Fortson. I have a hard time seeing this trade approved if the previously agreed upon one could not. Someone care to explain?

5. Heath

Heath Member

Just to clarify my earlier statement - I did Not vote against the trade, I just said that I kind of understood the reasons for voting against it, and maybe even thought that the league would be better off for the trade to not go down. But I'm not against GMs making good/stupid trades as long as it is not collusion or being over the edge to an idiotic trade move by one of the GMs, as a trade like that would have the same effect as collusion. If Fortson is better than Wright or not is to easy to decide by fantasy points so far in the league, but I can understand the point made - Fortson had great numbers last year too, but that was also from a small sample.

6. mduke

mduke Member

everybody, just forget the trades! :p

on another note, Jamaal Tinsley had 81 POINTS!

Heath, that looks like it was a pretty good pickup for you ;)

7. Heath

Heath Member

Well I needed some contribution from him again, last two games have been far from good.

8. Matador

Matador Member

Alright, I'm kicking some butt this year. I was wondering if anyone was going to give me any competition or are all of you too scared. :cool:

I should be undefeated, but my first loss was a fluke because I didn't have my roster set properly.

All Hail Matador Dogs!! :mad: :D :mad: :D :mad: ;)

9. Heath

Heath Member

You know that you would have lost that game anyway... you were to chicken **** to face me :D

I still think I have a real good shot of downing you. My losses have been pretty heartbreaking. Pued had his best performance of the year when he faced me. When I played SF3 I had the 2nd highest score of all, and of course he had the highest. When I played you last time both Allen and Brandon was out with injury, so I ended up playing 6 on 8. I know **** happens, but mine have been poorly timed. I do however have the most fpts in the league... but as chrisjent said in the other thread - that brings me nothing.

(Of course if you had a team for the first round you would have been up a couple hundred on me, but thats not my mistake :p )

10. Matador

Matador Member

You have a good team Heath. I'd say it is just about as good as mine. I'm not particulaly strong at guards or forwards. Getting McDyess back will help if he can play up to his abilities. Kobe has been a disappointing 1st round pick for me thus far. I was expecting MVP type numbers from him this year.

Is there any type of playoffs or is the winner decided by the best record at the end of the season?

11. Heath

Heath Member

Playoffs

Division winners head up against eachother

12. Matador

Matador Member

How exactly does that work?

"Division winners head up against each other."

How do the division winners play each other if all the games are over?

13. Heath

Heath Member

well

all games are not over - not in the nba.

our regular season ends a week before the nba regular season I guess.

14. Matador

Matador Member

So the whole season championship comes down to the last week of the season when many of the good players are resting for the playoffs? This doesn't seem to make since. I am understanding this correct. :confused: Thanks.

15. Matador

Matador Member

Wow, I start talking smack for the first time all season and now its backfired. I'm losing big and my 9 game winning steak is in jeopardy. Doh!

16. mduke

mduke Member

17. Heath

Heath Member

You have no chance of winning that game this round mduke - whats up with starting Griffin, when you let Francis sit on the bench?

You don't deserve Francis - trade him to me. :p

18. mduke

mduke Member

I had no idea when Francis would be back, and when he came back, I forgot to put him back in the starting lineup.

Hey, I was winning yesterday!!!:p

19. Matador

Matador Member

S. Francis 4-8 FGs, 1-1 3PT FGs, 5 rebs, 7ast , 14 pts

E. Griffin 10-11 FGs, 3-3 3PT FGs, 8 rebs, 5 blocks, 25 pts

mduke knew what he was doing

20. Matador

Matador Member

anyone intrested in McDyess?