1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Mduke's CBS Fantasy Basketball League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by mduke, Oct 1, 2001.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

mduke- Do you have the owners vote on all trades?

2. mduke

mduke Member

no, why?

3. BobFinn*

Our league does. Just make sure all trades are fair and you should be ok.

If anyone in mduke's league has a problem with any trade, just post in this thread.

4. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

I have noticed a flaw in the cbs format.

If you make a trade in the middle of a week, it automatically switches the players rosters right then and there, causing unbalanced rosters. For example, I was playing mduke. My active lineup:

G Nick Van Exel
    G Stephon Marbury
    G Jerry Stackhouse
    F Donyell Marshall
    F Kenny Thomas
    F Shawn Marion
    F Jamal Mashburn
    C Shaquille O'neal
    I had Michael Dickerson, Brian Grant, Dale Davis and Bonzi Wells benched due to either lack of games played or injury.

Anyways, I traded Stackhouse, Dickerson and Grant, only one of which was on my active lineup for the week. However, all 3 of the players I received were on mduke's active roster for the week. So when I looked at my live scoring box that day, I noticed it had my active roster as:

G Nick Van Exel
    G Stephon Marbury
    G Tracy McGrady
    G Mike Bibby
    G Doug Christie
    F Shawn Marion
    F Jamal Mashburn
    F Kenny Thomas
    F Donyell Marshall
    C Shaquille O'neal

10 players, therefore an illegal roster. Incidentally, as I look at the updated standings, cbs voided all my points for that day, causing me to lose points for Marbury, Stackhouse, Marion, Thomas, Marshall and Shaq.

The moral of this story...trade or trade for active players and you may be screwed for the rest of the week...

5. BobFinn*

mduke can fix that scoring error by going to Front Desk, Adjust, Scoring

6. mduke

mduke Member

Bob, how do I know how many points to give him? do i just look at your league page or something? Anyway, I lost the link to your page...

EDIT: I also have Stackhouse getting me no points , but it shows him as on my roster. So I think i need some points also.

#186 mduke, Nov 5, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2001
  7. BobFinn*

Will these points make a difference in the outcome of the games? If not don't worry about it. Wins and Losses is all that matters.

8. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

I don't think it affected the outcome of the head to head matchup, but now it says I'm 63.0 points behind the league leader if that matters. ?

9. Heath

Heath Member

So anyone want to trade?

Current Deers:

Garnett
    Allen
    Malone
    Brand
    Brandon
    Hardaway, A
    Davis, A
    LaFrentz
    Howard
    Williams
    Claxton
    Tinsley

10. mduke

mduke Member

Matador, you have 1 too many reserve players, therefore an illegal roster. which one would you like me to move to active for this week?
    kobe, hughes, martin, wallace, mcdyess.

and bob, how do I do this to make up for the points he didnt get this period?

11. mduke

mduke Member

Matador, i went ahead and put Kobe as Active for this week, and gave you your points so far. i got the #s from bobfinn's league site. you have 197 points. i will only do this once per team for the whole year. every team has to have 0-4 reserve players, 5-8 starters. please check your lineups weekly so this wont happen again.

Heath, i may be interested in Tinsley, but i may just pick up Claxton ;)

12. Heath

Heath Member

Claxton is a bum. :D And will probably (and now hopefully) do even worse as Ivy hits the lineup

Tinsley is available, as is the rest op my players ... for the right price. (yes including KG, but I cant see a 1 for 1 deal happening for anyone, if not someone crash their head into the wall and offer me Shaq) :p

13. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

mduke,

I reponded to your trade proposal. Give me the goods!!!! :)

14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I just saw the mduke-chris jent trade and im going to come forth and voice my displeasure

My view on trades is i wont veto unless a) its definitely collusionary or b) it dramatically alters the league landscape in a detrimental way, which to me achieves the same effect as collusion

Now i apologize if this offends mduke or cj, but this deal is not fair, not even close. This reminds me of the marion for ewing deal last yr with two major exceptions: a) rasheed is way better than patrick ever will be anymore and b) shawn marion was producing out of this worlds numbers and considering kidds presence it wasnt likely to change, lorenzen wright at best is a 12/10/2 kinda guy maybe 15 a night.

The trade reminds me of the classic case of looking at one game and making a trade, i will put money out there that this deal wouldnt take place if wright didnt explode for a career game versus dallas. Now im not trying to compare wallace to a shaq, but wright will give you roughly the same production as ben wallace, a solid center,maybe slightly more, while rasheed wallace is in the elite class of players. For example peja has been outstanding to this point, would a stojakovic for kg trade fly, if so i highly wonder about the basketball minds we have in this league and im one of the biggest peja fans around(no he isnt on the block), and i dont think people in here are dumb and dont know basketball, our draft proved that.

Overall, ill accept whether happens but i feel trades like these while not intentionally collusionary, achieve the same effect by disportionally altering the level of talent in this league which hurts even more since all of us are very close in talent being an 8 team league and thus, if we have a right to vote on this trade i will vote for a veto, not out of spite, but my feelings and reasons stated above.

15. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I agree, I don't feel the deal was fair.

16. Heath

Heath Member

Was it Behad that traded away Marion?

If so what do the BobFinn league feel about this trade? As they let the Ewing for Marion trade go, even with all the talk they had that Marion was not even 1/10 of the player Ewing was :) ... ok I dont know what the arguement was, but atleast Ewing was looked upon as the much better player. As it turned out, Ewing was way, way over the hill, and Marion had a breakout year and was much more than a player then Ewing - it was an unfair trade, only the other way around. :rolleyes:

I'm not the one to go against trades, and I do not know what the BobFinn league decided last season on trades, but I dont think they cancel any trade. I do as the other think that this is not an even trade, Rasheed being much better than Wright, and also agree that Rasheed cant be compared to Ewing - as he is far from close to being over the hill, and the same for Wright, it is a little late for him to break out. This is a bad trade, but I do not know if we should cancel any trade as long as there is no collusion, and I do not think this is the case. I do however appreciate if we could get a p.o.v from BobFinn leaguers, and if they say that this deal should be void, then I agree.

Even though I can admit to hoping the deal be void, I cant vote for it out of principle. :eek:

How about that Garnett for... hey that is not fair - I wont do that :p

But I will do the Shaq deal you proposed SF3. :cool:

17. mduke

mduke Member

chrisjent, i just offered a diffrerent one...

every body needs to vote on this.
    so far there are 3 nos, 0 yes

18. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

mduke,

I was just responding to an offer. Nothing more. I accepted the deal because it looked like it would help my team. Evidently, mduke considers the addition of Wright to achieve the same for him. ya'll let me know the results of the votes. If it's voted down so be it, but remember just because you might not make a trade doesn't mean you should make that decision for somebody else unless it is done by/for illegal means.

19. BobFinn*

What was this trade? Ewing and Wright for Sheed? I will respond once I know for certain who is involved in the deal.

The Ewing for Marion trade from last year was done before the season started. I took Marion with my last pick in the draft. Nobody else knew about him. I was set at all other positions except Center. I offered Marion for Ewing to Behad. We had a voting system in place, and as vocal as everyone appeared to be, I thought the trade would be shot down. It wasn't and the rest is history.

I wish it would have been shot down.

We did have one trade that was not allowed. I was trying to acquire Karl Malone and I offered like 5 guys for him. It was accepted by Rob from Lubbock, but everyone else in the league voted against it.

20. mduke

mduke Member

Lorenzen Wright for Sheed. Why cant we do this trade? we both agree to it. so i dont see why its such a big deal