1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MDA says Griffin hit him before their exchange

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 16, 2018.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Blake was doing cheap **** all night long. He threw a bow earlier at Chris and then chunked the ball hard as hell at Gordon.

2. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

haha sarcasm? in need of glasses? Blake being a p***y and human douche?

Reeko, pippendagimp, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  3. Red Nation RGV

Remember the fight with his "friend" on the clippers staff then the spilling his water on a fan incident... dude is an immature ass and I can def see him taking a cheap shot at mda

BigggReddd, Plowman, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He fought his equipment manager.

He pointed straight at MDA,almost like calling him out, and charged right at him and hitting him. Hardly a wide turn but rather a dirty cheap move.

#24 BigMaloe, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    gatsby, Reeko, Plowman and 6 others like this.
  5. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Dont tell @BigMaloe he might accuse you of being basketballholic cuz you can see why DJ is much better for our team than capela

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Haha remember during the game Blake ****ed with ariza and then immediately begged for forgiveness

gatsby, D-rock, justtxyank and 3 others like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz...wouldn't be the Internet without someone taking the contrarian position.

Aside from video proof and Griffin's history, using your logic, does MDA have a history of lying about things like this?

With the way the NBA has gotten so soft, Blake could get the Sprewell treatment and suspended for remainder of the year. :eek:

on a similar note: Gotta admit, Barkley and Shaq laughing about the police being called was pretty funny.

#27 heypartner, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    gatsby, tmactoyao, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  8. threepointshot3

He better enjoy his one game suspension.

adw, Tfor3 and DonKnock like this.
  9. threepointshot3

I can imagine MDA after the game telling the players go getem boys! allways has had that godfather look.D'antoni sounds Italian as well. This is how we do things in the homeland boys.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I’d be surprised if he gets suspended.

We will see if any Rockets get suspended, though.

11. durvasa

MDA thinking Griffin purposely ran into him tells me nothing. Logic tells me that Griffin had no reason in that moment to run into MDA right in front of the ref. It simply makes no sense. MDA is an emotional guy on the sideline, and I’m not surprised that he’d think the contact was intentional. Doesn’t make it so.

Let’s see what the league decides.

12. today

today Contributing Member

Did you watch the video? Blake was pointing at coach at then ran out of bounds to make contact with him. Blake was complaining that he wasn't in the coaches box.

Reeko, D-rock, AroundTheWorld and 7 others like this.
  13. durvasa

Hmmm ... good point about the coach’s box. I suppose it’s possible he thought he could get away with brushing into him because technically MDA should not be standing there?

14. today

today Contributing Member

He was trying to get the ref to look over there. When that didn't work, he ran over there himself. By the time he got there, coach was in the coaches box, well off the court.

Our guys may get fines, but Blake is the one in danger of a suspension.

D-rock, BigMaloe and adw like this.
  15. durvasa

Here’s what the rule book says regarding the coach’s box:

The coach’s position may be on or off the bench from the 28' hash mark to the base- line. They are permitted between the 28' hash mark and the midcourt line to relay information to players but must return to the bench side of the 28' hash mark immediately or be called for a non-unsportsmanlike technical foul.

MDA still wasn’t within the coach’s box when contact was made.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

MDA is Italo American with ancestry there. Also played and coached in Italy.

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I think there will be fines all around.

Blake could get suspended for making contact with MDA.

I do not expect any suspensions for the Rockets. I hope.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. durvasa

I think @today basically has it right. Griffin noticed MDA was well out of the coach’s box. He was trying to alert the ref of this, and perhaps run into and force a tech to be called on him (I think Kidd once pulled this move). MDA got out of the way in time, but Griffin still grazed him.

That seems the most likely explanatIon. A failed attempt at gamesmanship, not him trying to purposely elbow the opposing coach.

20. Game7

Game7 Member

I saw that and made note that he went out of bounds to make contact with MDA. I also noticed that PBev and several other Clips were stepping onto the court to talk trash -- sometimes during an active play. Is that not tech worthy?

D-rock, BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.