1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McNair to have statue at NRG Park

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Oct 17, 2017.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

People praising false Gods

Fulgore and csj like this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They need to get a jump on the Deshaun Watson statue.

Spacemoth and raining threes like this.
  3. texian

texian Member

Yep. Our pro football winter could've been much longer.

If only he and Cal would stop making football decisions.

4. raining threes

Please dear god tell us what's so amazing about McNair?

I find it amazing he has put the product on the field for a decade and a half and his franchise is worth 2 billion more than what he paid for it.

Truly amazing

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but is that really happening? If so, what decisions do we blame on them and what decisions to we credit others for? I'm guessing the answer to that question will show a bias. I'm sure we'll blame them for everything bad and dole out credit to others for everything good. Personally I don't see a reason to give credit or blame because I don't really see much evidence that they make football decisions.

6. raining threes

Bad football

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, they built a team from scratch that now fully dominates a division in the league despite a ton of awful luck when it comes to injury....and are currently set up pretty well for the future. What's to whine about?

8. raining threes

LOL

I wish I could like this post 1,000 times.

9. raining threes

No whining here.

He's hired people who aren't very good at their jobs to lead the on the field product for the past 15 yrs and his team will never be a true SB contender until he hires better people to lead his on the field product. I see good is good enough for you.

You should have to do something special on the field to get a statue. # Never do anything too traumatic.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That sounds like an "interesting" version of history, just not an accurate one. Anyway, I'm not interested in arguing with chron quality comments.

It took the Patriots 40 years to become the Patriots....but sure, we should have expected that from day one and should complain about anything less than that. It's that kind of BS that proves that there are segments of the fanbase that simply don't deserve to have an NFL franchise of their own and would be better off just bandwagoning.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I just keep thinking, what if we'd erected a statue of Bud Adams in 1980?

Nook and csj like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Bud Adams was pretty much always a terrible owner though, and I think that's what we need to keep in mind when we talk about good or bad owners. Time and time again Adams inserted himself into football decisions and it was almost always terrible.....and even from a different view, he devalued his own franchise by moving it to the sticks so he was even a failure in that respect when it comes to being an owner. That foolish action makes it even more ridiculous that he's always been notoriously cheap when it comes to spending on his teams.

Adams was just a train wreck of an owner so you'd think that any Houston fan who went through that would have an appreciation for an owner who was the exact opposite. Never cheap, never known to pry....what else can you ask for?

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  13. raining threes

Interesting that you wouldn't reply to the meat of the post.

Some people would rather not have a franchise than have a poorly run franchise that's stuck in perpetual mediocrity. To each their own I guess.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that you think the Texans, who have essentially dominated their division since 2011 are "mediocre" pretty much says it all and it's not worth going into.

15. raining threes

What's their record been the last 4 yrs?

2-14, 9-7,9-7,9-7, this yr 3-3.

Define mediocrity.

We are never going to agree, but one thing is for sure the Texans haven't been a championship contender in 15 yrs and you think McNair deserves a statue. LOL

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Mostly I think you don't deserve an NFL franchise of your own. I mean, that's first and foremost. You'd be MUCH better off just being a bandwagoner because it's perfectly clear that you have a "first or last" mentality or more accurately you see it as "first or mediocre" and that mentality works much better for a bandwagoner than a fan of an expansion team. If you think that essentially owning your division since 2011 is no big deal, then just go be a Patriots fan....or Chiefs fan this year I guess.

If you can't appreciate what McNair has helped build despite the setbacks, you don't deserve it....and you certainly don't deserve to pretend like you were always a fan once they eventually win it all.

17. raining threes

Tell me more about those records I posted.

Been a season ticketholder for 14 years and go to atleast one away game a year. So yes I'm a fan. What I'm not is a fan that realizes that this team doesn't put winning first and foremost.

But hey, lets build a statue for Les, he had more success. For that matter we need to build a statue for Bud, he had more success.

If you want to build a statue for a man who deserves one then Judge Hofhienz is your man. Although like McNair his teams never won anything either, but he actually accomplished something for the community. What has McNair accomplished for the community to bring pride to the city? McNair has made a ton of money though.

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Why ? You don't deserve a statue for being the worst owner in Houston sports history.

raining threes likes this.
  19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Right next to the Dom capers and David Carr statues....:rolleyes:

NotInMyHouse, Nook and raining threes like this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The Texans have done fairly well for a 15 year old franchise.