1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mcnair donates $10,000 to anti-LGBT group

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Butterfingers, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

D&D but there may be good reasons to oppose this new government regulation other than you are anti something.

I haven't really read into what exactly it is and why we need it

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

This just in... McNair replaced by a new type of owner...

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/xTiTnleDof1G09DvBS" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/southpark-south-park-xTiTnleDof1G09DvBS">via GIPHY</a></p>

PC OWNER

1 person likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

LOL it isn't anti-LBGT. It is anti-"men in women's bathrooms". Right or wrong, at least call it what it is.

5. thejav

thejav Member

the man could donate to ISIS and reliant stadium would still be sold out.. non story..

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

[​IMG]

Don't look anti-LGBT to me.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Go see the thread in D&D. That has nothing to do with bathrooms at all. It is a general civil rights ordinance, and "scarry trannies raping your daughters in the women's room" is the scariest BS scenario is the best they could come up with to scare people.

It is a play straight out of the anti-LGBT playbook and has been tried across the country wherever a gay-inclusive civil rights ordinance has passed with exactly no evidence that the fearsome scenario has ever, once, occured in any of the states or locales with similar ordinances for the last 20 years.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm not saying it is right. But calling it anti-LGBT is just trying to get clicks and headlines. Just because someone is against the proposition doesn't mean they are against LGBTs.

10. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

In this case, either you are stupid, suffering from an irrational phobia, uneducated on the ordinance, or against LGBT.

There is no way an intelligent informed person can believe that the proposed scenario of sex offenders dressing up as trannies to rape women and using the law as a defense is in any way a realistic possibility.

I appreciate the idea of trying to be balanced, and neutral, but I think the people making up this scare story lost that right when they abandoned trying to rationally present a case against the ordinance in a remotely honest way.

Bathrooms is a diversionary tactic.

I'm not trying to be harsh at you, I realize it might seem that way.

If we buy the bathroom thing, then we have to say that Nazis weren't anti-Jewish, just trying to protect the German people from being taken advantage of (fill in Nazi anti-Jewish rationalizations) and so on and so forth. Sometimes you have to cut through the BS and say, Nazis hated Jews, without proving a twenty minute treatise on their supposed justifications.

#10 Ottomaton, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Jesus christ, take this to D and D.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

pffft. 10K is nothing for a billionaire. He should have donated 1M USD if he wanted to make a difference in the lives of our youth. They are our future after all.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Wow! You went there. Just wow!

14. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

You're going to act shocked, and make protestations, but you won't provide any evidence that the scenario is any less fanciful than blood libel because it doesn't exist.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Give it up dude. You're looking for a fight and I'm not going to give you one. My comment was not about the proposition but incorrectly labeling the group. Either way, no way I'm going into this with you comparing this to the holocaust. Good night.

1 person likes this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

17. Buck Turgidson

Well, he did give $500K to Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz and also Marco Rubio (I think). So he obviously supports children.

1 person likes this.
  18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Yeah, it does. Houston is one of the only major cities in the country not to have equal rights protections. That's what this is about. Not your silly and highly unlikely restroom scenarios.

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

What bathroom are the trannies supposed to use? I'm asking because I really don't know.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Neg rep.

You should know better -- take this garbage to the D&D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.