1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McNair charged with drunken driving, gun possession

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, May 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I had posted this earlier before it was in the Hangout, but it was removed for some reason.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0522/1557602.html

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair was arrested Thursday and charged with drunken driving and possession of a handgun.

McNair was taken to night court, posted $3,000 bond and released. He is to appear in court June 26. He was due at an offseason team workout later in the day.

"We are aware of the situation and are gathering facts,'' Titans spokesman Robbie Bohren said Thursday. "We will have a comment at an appropriate time.''

The weapon charge involves a 9 mm handgun found in a compartment beside the front seats. McNair reportedly has a permit for the handgun, but an intoxicated person may not legally carry a loaded weapon.

McNair was stopped after a police officer saw a car weaving downtown before pulling into a convenience store, the arrest report said.

McNair's breath smelled of alcohol and the player acknowledged drinking, according to the report.

The player's eyes were bloodshot and a blood-alcohol test produced a reading of 0.18 -- well above Tennessee's level of presumed intoxication of 0.10, the report added.

McNair is coming off his best season, finishing third in the NFL's MVP race. He played through a variety of injuries and rallied the Titans from a 1-4 start to the AFC championship game.

McNair had career highs in yards passing (3,387), touchdowns (22) and a franchise best for consecutive games with at least one touchdown pass (23).

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Steve McNair will lead the Comets to a championship this year.

De ja vu,

Dude, you posted it here, it was removed, it was already in the hangout. Your thread was removed because you posted it here.

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I already removed it once. I'm closing this one. Go here to post about it. It was in the hangout first because I was the one that posted it. I almost posted it in here but since it was about a Titan,rather than about an Oiler, I felt it was better suited for the Hangout.

http://bbs.clutchcity.net/php3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57722

#3 Castor27, May 22, 2003
    Last edited: May 22, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.