1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McCain to Meet with Jindal Again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by OrangeRowdy95, Jul 22, 2008.

1. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2008/07/mccain_to_meet_with_jindal.html

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Who will the racists vote for when they realize he's not white?

3. Major

Major Member

This seems like a huge longshot to me. His biggest and best argument against Obama is that he's too young/inexperienced/etc to be President. You can't make that argument when you pick a guy notably younger than Obama with no foreign policy experience to be the guy that's minutes away from being President.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

McCain/ Jihad 08'

5. surrender

surrender Member

He's trying to push ID in science classes. No thanks

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

That's the least of your worries. He panders solely to the extreme right on every issue.

7. Nero

Nero Member

Out of curiosity, who are some of these 'extreme right'? What do they believe? Why are their beliefs so terrible?

Genuinely curious here...

8. rhadamanthus

Nero....

You don't honestly expect me to believe that, do you? I am not interested in some long-winded and fruitless charade.

9. flipmode

flipmode Member

The day the GOP picks a young, inexperienced Indian-American Hindu-Christian convert for VP is the day that they lose half of their fear-mongering arsenal and the election sharpens around policy.

Could Piyush Jindal be good for the Democratic Party?

10. danny317

danny317 Member

hmmm i wonder what jindal's pastor/father is like.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

It would blow my mind if he picked Jindal. As noted above, he's younger and more inexperienced than Obama and I don't think McCain wants to cede that argument since it's pretty much the only one he has.

And some freaky stuff's come out about Jindal in recent weeks too. Didn't he, like, perform exorcisms or something?

If McCain wants to make a splash I think he's more likely to go with Palin or Fiorino (or whatever her name is).

12. rhadamanthus

Just leave his baby-mama alone!

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Saw this yesterday. Ain't gonna happen. This makes me believe the idea that McCain's handlers are faking the press out this week just to draw attention away from Obama. It reeks of a pathetic campaign ploy.

Does anyone else think that if McCain chose Jindal, that by the time November came around, Jindal wouldn't bring ANYTHING to the ticket? If Jindal were black or Hispanic, he might be gold. But, for lots of reasons including his ethnicity, I don't see him as an attractive national candidate for the GOP.

IMO, if McCain goes outside the box in choosing a veep, it will be a woman. That could make things very interesting.

14. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

He is brown
    He is not Mexican
    He must be a Muslim

15. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Name: Piyush m, meaning: Milk.

http://utopianvision.co.uk/services/indian-names/?cat=&letter=P&page=2

16. Batman Jones

I predict that if McCain puts a minority with an unusual name on his ticket, Traitor George's head will explode.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Nah. Jorge will immediately begin worshiping his new overlord.

18. Batman Jones

There's a good chance of that. There's a better chance, I think, that faced with the choice between opposing his overlords and supporting a brown-skinned man with a funny name his head will explode. At the very least, if he did get with Jindal, he would lose every single argument he has against Barack, each of which was a stretch to begin with. That would be fun.

Also, isn't Jindal a Muslim (even though he's a Christian)? I'm pretty sure he is. I'm gonna go send a chain letter to giddyup to get the word out so we can get to the bottom of this important issue.

19. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

Who cares. Jindal would not be good for the Republican party or any party. Now before you call me a racist, I say this not because of his race. I do have a question for people that are in LA. Is this guy really that much better than what you had before, or was your last Gov. so bad that Jindal looks great?

20. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Even more distressing is the fact that this brown man went to Brown University. Coincidence? I think not.