1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maxwell - Mental Health Symposium w/ legends (Artest, Ariza, OT)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Sep 21, 2023.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

2. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had to do a double take when I saw Ariza looking like Future with those braids. He'll always be an all-time favorite of mine, dude was such a great player for Houston.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Champions and legends in my book.

Ariza, humbled by his first stint here, then became a keystone the second round.

MWP saved the Yao era for me. HOF talent on a shoestring no-lux tax budget.

The Franchise years set the 1st round n dun decades. Dawson ran on Old School gut instincts and failed upwards from Patterson's departure. Bad cap-killing contracts like Maloney and Cato only dwarfed by league-wide garbage deals in Juwon Howard and Vin Baker. Bad picks or bad trades to shuffle aging talent.

Les didn't want to break the bank AND ticket sales (no tanking) then trained newb murry to chase big deals. That 3-for-1 deal to get Eddie Griffin...splash then crash.

I guess the trade for downhill bad back tmac was a wash. Steve was a lovable and charismatic guy but def wasnt Franchise material.

topfive and kubli9 like this.
  4. DJ

DJ Member

Is that Derek Harper?

Patience and topfive like this.
  5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It definitely looks like him. I just realized we have a Moochie sighting as well!

6. DJ

DJ Member

Mooch and Trevor Ariza...among two of my favorite Rockets

Invisible Fan and kubli9 like this.