1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman says Harden shouldn’t be 1st team All NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, May 23, 2019.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

. . . and Kellerman shouldn't have a prime talk show

2. biff17

biff17 Member

He is trying to out do Steven A and he would not even say something as stupid as this.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol Clutchfans thinks this show is game of thrones and max goes dracarys all over their face

4. Remix

Remix Member

So is Kellerman going to go on air and claim Giannis doesn't deserve 1st team all NBA cause he couldn't get past the Raptors in the leastern conference?

Or is this going to be one of those Harden MVP things where the media changes the criteria to fit whatever narrative they spew out

5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

YES! I think many of them say outlandish things just to get this attention. Outlandish, or just plain stupid, though, doesn't really matter to me. Neither is worth watching, so I don't.

Much like with any news, good sports analysis is hard to find. Providers have found it doesn't really pay to provide it. Say things that get people worked up, though, and the viewership responds.

This is why I used to really like Mike and Mike. It was the one sports show I was aware of that didn't try to sensationalize things. They did have some things they took definite stands on, but they were things they really believed, would explain why, AND would listen to dissenting views. Not scream inanities at you.

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

You know the answer to both of those...

The Raptors exposed some pretty glaring weaknesses in Giannis' game, I thought. Not accurate enough from distance, but more glaringly, he doesn't seem to have much of a post game--so if the outside shots aren't falling, and he's being guarded closely, everything falls apart. I didn't see much of a midrange game, either....yet don't hear anything sqawking about the analytics on that. Ok if others don't shoot mid range shots, I guess, so long as they don't wear red.

RyanB and CCity Zero like this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Whats Lebrons excuse for the Mavs series?

What's everyone else's in the West's excuse. 0-15 vs the Warriors in the playoffs buddy. So I guess there are no other star players in the West who don't play for GSW.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Absolutely agree with you on everything. Good sports analysis is something that you might get lucky to discuss with someone in person but is just not going to be broadcast often (if at all from what I've seen), the more outlandish/stupid will equal the more clicks/attention/discussion they get, hopefully it'll eventually revert but as of right now I don't see that happening. What also sucks is some rare guys that will still try to discuss or call things better will get called out by the higher number of viewers of these trash shows, it just sucks.

#68 CCity Zero, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    RyanB likes this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hahah, for real?? Kellerman has already moved on, he won't remember the script from last week and it won't fit their narrative. Until the vast majority stop watching this garbage he's going to collect a free check for basically no work. He's not going to admit he's wrong unless it's been scripted. I'm honestly curious about his thoughts off air, but since he's known for boxing commentary he probably doesn't even watch the sports he's talking about (and if he does... He's basically in a political role, and is keeping his mouth shut to make that money).

Also, it doesn't get talked about enough but I don't know if you recall but there was some time Stephen A couldn't even recall the active members on football teams and it basically got buried. But yet their show still has viewers. Like how can anyone watch this garbage when this is your job?? He makes multiple mistakes in one take, I don't know about you, but at my job if I made mistakes like this - all in a row, I'd probably be drug tested. Obviously his job isn't brain surgery, but he should at least be able to tell you who's playing if he's supposed to discuss sports.

Look at this ****, and you'll know the answer, hell Teddy had a serious brain injury he recovered from and is looking at Stephen A like - "Wtf??? Did I just hear that correctly?? “

Keep in mind, this is already overlooking the fact that San Diego doesn't even have a football team.

#69 CCity Zero, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
  10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Colin Cowherd once, a while ago, admitted just that. He was responding to some of the typical comments he gets about how stupid or bad his opinion was, and he said 'Ya, but you still watched, didn't you?'.

That's EXACTLY when I stopped watching any of that crap. Just enables the problem. The BEST way to disagree is stop clicking. They really really don't care if you point out how stupid they were...because that shows you are responding, which is all they were after. Probably the best (worst?) example of this is First Take...where the whole purpose is to throw out controversial takes to get people worked up. Which is what Kellerman does. I think Stephen A. actually does believe what he says, so I respect him more. I think Kellerman (who is really a Cowherd clone, in a fancier suit), says things just to create controversy. Harden is already controversial, so he's an easy target.

If he really wanted to take a strong take, he'd dis Giannis, which goes against the grain. But he's not going to take unpopular positions...that defeats the purpose.

RyanB and CCity Zero like this.
  12. HardenUsedSTEPBACK

Harden was unanimous First Team All-NBA. Not a single dissension. If Max had to put his money where his mouth is, he'd vote Harden First Team All-NBA too, lets be real.

BMoney likes this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Exactly, agree w/ you 100%, my Stephen A point before was more on their show discussing more than bball, but his bball opinions when I used to watch a long time ago (I also no longer try to watch any of this stuff), you could see he knew actual things about basketball ball and was a huge Knick fan (which while I didn't like I respected). I didn't always agree with him but he legitimately used to point out actual points on things and knew what he was discussing (actually bringing good things to get you thinking).

Kellerman/Cowherd are a great comparison, and your point on Giannis is dead on, they won't take that position until (and if) the other media turns on him (even with Giannis basically walking off the podium during q&a, if Harden did that we'd never hear the end of it).

I honestly keep wondering on a side point, other than Houston being disliked, is if Harden would have signed with Nike... It's like he's been spurned even more since then (I'm biased obviously for Houston sports, but the hate Harden gets is insane). I mean he does everything you'd want a superstar to do as far as being loyal to his team and not jumping ship, when it's all said and done Harden is going to be a Hall of Famer regardless of a chip (I really hope he gets us at least one) and of the hate, I mean he did it more of the old style way staying with a team that gave him a shot. He admitted at one point not wanting to be the 6th man forever, what else do you want him to do? He's basically the Houston Rockets, and still not even 30. The media just sucks sometimes. I mean this dude goes out and gets better every offseason, saved the Rockets season and still gets ****, I'm glad he's getting paid, he deserves it.

BigDog63 likes this.
  14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Of course he would, but that doesn't make for good TV, hahah

BigDog63 likes this.