1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs vs Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DunkingDeutschman, Apr 2, 2001.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I fully expect the Rockets to come out firing on all cylinders tonight, after losing to an embarrasing team like the Nets. I dont care what the score is I just expect them to win it with some emotion.

I'm not expecting them to make the playoffs now, but I will stick to my word: I will continue to Believe, at least until we are truly eliminated. I guess I have been spoiled by past teams and might want too much from these guys.

------------------

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

When the Rockets play teams like the Nets, they stop playing after tipoff. They relax and expect the win to come to them.

When they play good teams like the Mavs, they play hard and intelligent basketball until the fourth quarter. When they lose the lead in the fourth, they fold. If they keep the lead, they usually breeze through the fourth. If they are forced to come from behind after leading the entire way, they fold.

The Rockets will play incredible basketball. They will lead by 15 at halftime. Unfortunately, they will only be up four going into the fourth. The Mavs will hit two straight threes and build as much as a seven point lead until the six minute mark.

The Rockets will go on a 9-0 run to take a two point lead. After a Mavs timeout, someone will screw up, and Nitwitski will get a wide open three pointer for the lead. After Francis turns it over on the next posession, Mobley will wine to the refs. He will do this as Nowitski runs down the floor and pulls up for the wide open three. Bingo! Following a Missed three pointer by Kenny, Howard Eisley will get a wide open lane to the basket. Mobley will hack him as he makes the layup, and give him the three point play. The Mavs go up 7 with a minute left. Insert dagger here. The Rockets go scoreless the final 2 minutes of the game.

Mavs: 109
    Rockets: 97

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

[This message has been edited by ZRB (edited April 03, 2001).]

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Thank you.

------------------
    Chris Webber at the July 28, 2001 3:00 PM news conference when he announces where he will go:

"It seemed tough, but with guidance from Steve Francis, I learned my true destiny. That destiny is to play for the Houston Rockets, to bring them back to championship glory. One big man is all they need, and I believe I can fill that void. Thanks to the loyal fans in Sacramento, but Houston, Texas is where I belong."

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I just wanted to bring this back up, because it turns out I got the final score right!
    Freaky, isn't it?

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

5. Bookit

Bookit Member

Good Guess!

------------------

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

It's a shame I couldn't predict a winning score.

------------------