1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs vs Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DunkingDeutschman, Apr 2, 2001.

1. DunkingDeutschman

Is anybody still pumped about this game tomorrow? Or has everybody already given up? A few weeks ago everyone involved in the Mavs-Rockets message board fiasco couldn't wait for this day to come. I am pumped for the Mavs because I want them to cream the Rockets and finish the road trip 4-1. Hopefully the Rockets will come out and make it a good game.

------------------
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people who ask questions.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was more pumped when we had a healthy Mo Taylor. Not so sure now. I wanted to see a full-strength Rocket team take on a full-strength Mavs team. We almost won the last game without Cuttino in there which was a hell of a showing.

I'm hoping we can win if for no other reason than it would save me from having to face my manager at work. I swear all these "lifelong" Mavericks fans in Dallas are coming out of the woodworks. Bandwagoners! lol.

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    "So you say you want some intelligent responses? I say give me something intelligent to respond to." -- Dimwits beware, B-Ball freak tells it like it is. Sing it bro!

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know what you mean, DoD. I have to hear from everyone at my work everyday as well. The one thing that confused me the most about the Mavs season this year has been their "slogan", so to speak.

"It's payback time."

It's as if they are blaming everyone else for their 10 years in the cellar, and not themselves. I will be at a friends house tomorrow watching the game, and he is a Mavs fan. I will make sure to rub it in every time Franchise slams it in The Praying Mantis's grill. I can't wait for Steve to posterize Bradley... I know it will happen.

But at least I don't hate the Mavs. They are a good, hard working team with few to no assholes, and they are fun to watch. I will be pulling for them in the playoffs if the Rockets don't make it, and I might even go to a game.

------------------
    "Any event, once it has occurred, can be made to appear inevitable by a competent historian."
    Lee Simonson

4. Old School

Old School Member

Pumped?

Only 12,000 showed up for the Phoenix game last week when even more was on the line. What a disgrace. With the Astros opening tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised of another horrible turnout.

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

5. DunkingDeutschman

"It's payback time!" doesn't mean that we are blaming everyone for us being bad. It's saying that we are going to beat everyone and pay them back for creaming us in every game for the last decade. You would be pissed to if ytou lost for 10 straight years.

------------------

6. jamma34

jamma34 Member

im excited because ill actually get to watch the rockets play!!!

------------------
    president of the sleepy floyd to hall of fame club.

http://www.it-is-truth.org

7. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

I still believe, DAMNIT!

Gooooooooooooooo Rockets!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    They couldn't stop him in the early 90s; now they can't stop him in the 21st century
    -- Bill Worell on Phoenix defense on Hakeem

8. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

My Dallas girl wife is taking me to the game. I'm embarrased to say that it's the first game this season that I'm attending.

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

9. LOSDOG

LOSDOG Member

Dutch Boy, We are gonna kick the MAVS ARRSS!! We have kicked that ARRSSS Twice and they barley won that last game in D-Town. I bet we end up beating them by 8-10points. BET!!!!

------------------

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

UGH, I feel your pain, being a Dallasite myself. Funny how when the Cowboys begin the downslide to a rebuilding year, the Mavs put a good team on the floor. Coincidence? I think not.

I always call out these bandwagon fans here in the Big D. But they all give you the same answer, as if it's scripted, "Hey, I was a Dallas (fill in sports team here) fan even when they sucked, when they were 1-15."

Yeah whatever. Time to put the umbrellas away and dust off those old Mavs turtle necks.....they are playoff bound.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

[This message has been edited by HOOP-T (edited April 03, 2001).]

11. Rollinrockets

Rollinrockets Member

Yeah man...funny thing. Ive got lots of friends in Dallas...all hard core Cowboys fans. Several were always Mavs fans even when they were losers...some werent. But now all the guys who used to never care about them, are claiming to have been fans all along. True definition of band wagon fans. But at least they have good attendance from them this year....and I gotta tell you I like the owner....he seems like the kind of guy Id like to have as an owner of the Rockets. A local fan like myself.

------------------

12. Valio!

Valio! Member

all right deutching dunkman - the way I see it, the Rockets will do one of two things:

1) Get their pride up, play hard and demolish the MAvericks 109 - 87

or

2) Realize their playoff chances are extremely slim, give up, let MAvs run all over them 102 - 91

------------------
    "It's finger ling ling good!" - Homer Simpson's opinion of Kentucky Fried Panda

13. DunkingDeutschman

There is no way the Mavs are going to get creamed. We are a completely different team from when you beat us the first two times. The way I see it, if Houston goes out and plays hard like a playoff-bound team, then it will be a hard-fought game that either team could win. Or the Rocks will give up and let the Mavs walk all over them. We are clicking on all cylinders and playing our best basketball of the season right now. The Mavs are gonna come out string tonight.

Gooooooooooooooo Mavs!! [​IMG]

------------------

14. DunkingDeutschman

Oh and Dr. Dunk said stuff about injuries? Who exactly is "injured" and won't play tonight?

------------------

15. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

NOO, NOOOOOO, not the STRING!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

16. LOSDOG

LOSDOG Member

If Dream goes off like he did last game for 27points and 12rebs on Preying Mantis(Bradley) then look for H-Town to put the hurt on Dallas, cuz Franshise will get his and we won't let Dirk camp out ant the 3 to get half his points. 101-91 H-TOWN!!

------------------

17. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

The Rockets will win this one 100-95. Injuries or not.

------------------
    "Stop your grinnin' and
    drop your linen"
    -Hudson

18. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Rocks 93
    Mavs 89

Stevie 19 pts, 9 rebs, 9 asts
    Cat 24 pts, 6 rebs, 3 asts

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

atheistalliance.org

19. harkm

harkm Member

Mavs win hard fought game 98-96! Sonics get their A$$ES kicked all over the court and the Mavs clinch their first playoff appearance in 10 Years! Yes, Finally.

------------------

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm one of those Dallas hardcore Cowboy fans even in their depleted state. I am also a Mavs fan as I am a fan of all the Texas teams although I would put the Spurs behind both the Rockets and the Mavs. My absolute favorite team of all is definitely the Rockets though.

I can't wait for the draft and I am always geeked through out the end of the season. And make no mistake about it this year has been a huge success for the Rockets in my mind. Even if they don't make the play offs. We will almost definitely finish with a plus .500 record. 45 wins is starting to look about right unless the Rockets either compleatly go in the tank or really pick up the pace.

While I really want the Mavs to increas their play off position and continue their winning ways I can not cheer against the Rockets. And after the loss against the Nets and the realization that their season may be slipping away I think the Rox will come out strong and try to send a message that they are not dead yet.

But the Mavs know that if they win tonight that they clinch the first play off birth for the franchise in over a decade. I expect the Mavs to be at their very best.

I beleive the Dream, Franchise, Mobes and either Bull or a suprise Langhi will come up huge and the Rockets will win a barn burner by the score of 108 to 107.

We are not Dead yet!

------------------