1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs columnist rips Yao

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Smokey, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

You seem to have some sting in your words. Dude, your only 13....15, or whatever the hell your age is. When you put down one of our up-and-coming, future All-Star players, you are just throwing yourself in the fire. Expect this crap from us. You're not going to hear the end of it.

If you really want to end up with a career in journalism, here's some advice:

Next time, before you go off bashing, check into your research before opening your fat mouth.

2. Sane

Sane Member

This 24 point bet is ridiculous. If he is what this kid is saying, then he can't even match half of Shaq's production.

Here's a better bet:

If Shaq says he's good after the game, then the columnist eats crow.

My God, he's a good writer, but there's so much false, inaccurate stuff in his article. There's also tons of stuff he didn't even TRY to think about. Yao Ming is NOT better than Shaq, everyone here agrees. But the All Star game is about popularity, and it seems Ming has more fans than Shaq, and that's what's important.

3. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

This is a post to SJC, cmellon, whoever. I did not launch a personal attack on Ben Collins as all of you have suggested. In fact, most posters here haven't.

I think it started when somebody posted a picture of Gollum, which I think is unnecessary, and the death threat is just disturbing. However, those are the exception rather than the norm. Most people here only made attacking Ben Collins their personal crusade after he started his own attacks, either expressed or implied. "Losers, people with no life, stupid," you name it.

However, one that that goes with the territory of journalism is that people aren't always going to agree with your opinions and he should have expected that. Even more importantly, journalists are supposed to be responsible in what they write. Sure he's entitiled to his own opinion. If he said Yao sucks and at least was right in his numbers and stats, people would have been less critical of him. There would still be people who disagree with him, as they are entitiled to, but at least they wouldn't be as doubtful of his abilities as a "journalist."

And btw, if you are wondering, I achieved more when I was 13, 14 or 15 year old and I got ripped on more at those ages. However, I do not see how flaunting my credentials would help me make a valid argument, as Ben Collins implied. I don't base people's achievement on age nor have a taken that bad a picture at any age. That is all for now.

4. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Time will only tell about Yao's game.

Yao is still better than K. Cato or any other scrub.

--BottleRocket

5. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

Is this Mark Cuban's son. He has as much s**t coming out of his mouth as he does. The poor guy thinks the Mavs are gonna get far in the playoffs I bet. Hmm I bet they get taken out in the first round. One more person to add to the S**t list!

6. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

And by the way Homeboy you put Caron Butler on there twice.

7. wiredog

wiredog Member

Yeah, he's just a kid. He's a Mav's fan, obviously, and probably a rich kid who's parents live in Highland Park, and has connections to Cuban somehow so he got his own column. i can appreciate him being biased and cheering for his team. I thought the thread was going to be about a Dallas newspaper column. It's just a kid writing for a Mavs' site.

8. RedHonda76

RedHonda76 Member

Yeah.. I'm sending him the email too along with the picture of Gollum. :D

9. yaozhuxi

yaozhuxi Contributing Member

we sure win if ym comes out. also i predict jazz will lose to sonics.
    rox 21-15
    jazz 21-16

10. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Leave the kid alone. He's probably getting the crap beat out of him for his lunch money at school right now.

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Since there's nothing new in this thread (when I mean nothing new, I mean that Ben hasn't posted anything in a while), it might as well be locked.

This page is just bad grammar and redundancy at its finest.

There's nothing more to say, prove, or do.

While it was fun, I think the ride might be over.

12. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Who made you the lockmaster?

We are just waiting for Mr Collins to get out of school, catch a ride home with his mom and reply.

13. wiredog

wiredog Member

I somewhat defende this kid and not bashed him. I've said I understand him for rooting for his team. If the Mavs had gotten Yao, we all must admit that we'd root for Cato to tear his head off. BUT!!! I don't know why he has to bring his trash into this forum. Yes, it's a free country and he is entitiled to his, but this is Rockets' Fan Forum. He needs to stay the hell out, do his homework, and stop playing Grand Teft Auto between chatting on the Net.

14. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

The starter of this thread brought it here.

15. maldini

maldini Member

How many of you actually reply to this kid's comments by sending him an email at bencollins@attbi.com

He has his own opinions, that's okay. But I thought he is a bit naive and should be taught some lessons about basketball in the NBA.

16. maldini

maldini Member

By the way, Yao Ming is from the People's Republic of China, not Republic of China(Taiwan).
    I forgive him for his lack of knowledge of geography.

17. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Ben's age has nothing to do with it.

The reason he gets bashed is because of
    one thing. He's typifies the Maverick HOMER to
    the core! Or any HOMER for that matter...

I mean, let's say that I was 15, from
    LA and I said, "Shaq was the best center center
    that ever was, and Hakeem was a good center."

Pure HOMERISM!

And to make matters worse, the kid tries
    to pass himself off as a professional columnist.

Please.

First lesson. Learn objective reporting.

Ask youself this. Would there be a good reason
    that this Kid would give Yao a bad rating?

Uh, yes. HE's A MAV FAN!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.