1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs columnist rips Yao

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Smokey, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

How do we know that this is indeed the "real" Ben Collins??

It's starting to seem like a hoax to me.

2. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

It's the real Ben Collins, I've had a bit of discussion through email with him. Seems like a good kid that really likes the mavs. I will try my best to not bash him anymore on this thread, but I may criticize his columns like I would do any column.

3. li_chen18

li_chen18 Contributing Member

Believe it or not, I really like this kid. he says what he wants to say, and writes about things he wants to write. No matter his opinions on yao ming are biased or not, there is nothing wrong with him to speak them out. The cuttiest thing about him is he is not afraid of showing up on this thread and defending himself using his true identity.

Ben, don't feel too bad if people are making fun of your age here. I guess a lot our Rox funs are just impressed by the fact that at this stage of age you can write so well. Take me, although I don't agree with you on the Yao Ming thing, your articles are fun to read and much better than lots of boring, pointless articleswhich you can find on every major sports website. And those are often wrriten by some so-called professional senior sports writers.

4. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

That's because his articles are designed for kids like you.

Awww, I'm sorry that was harsh. But you obviously haven't read many sports articles.

5. Nomar

Nomar Member

Haha.

This thread is hilarious.

But NYKRule is still wrong. All the other BBS posters are correct though.

6. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

That little idiot deserves to be shot for being one of the stupidest people of all-time.

7. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I guess Blinebury will need a replacement someday.

8. ewfd

ewfd Member

What a little punk.

It's a shame that the Mavericks, and the NBA in general have someone like that as a representative.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Don't take it seriously Benny. Sometimes these things take a life of their own and the best thing you can possibly do is let it burn.

#149 Invisible Fan, Jan 13, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2003
  10. ewfd

ewfd Member

If you're going to put yourself out into the public like that, you have to have thick skin.

In other words, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is not necessarily proof. I have had a discussion with him over email as well, and much of what he said to me he simply cut and pasted into his posts on this board.

It could just be a random person that received some emails from him.

12. Timing

Timing Member

You happen to think stupid things and we're all trying to show you how stupid those opinions are. Your article was factually inaccurate and simply absurd. You've proved nothing with your opinions other than you're an ignorant, homer, wanna be journalist who's unable to grasp the obvious that even the biggest Yao Ming haters have come around to acknowledging. You even called Dirk Nowitzki the best foreign player ever... excuse me? Ever heard of Hakeem Olajuwon? Apparently not. Go watch some tapes kid. It seems the impetus for your opinions stands behind the fact that Yao Ming is getting more attention than your favorite team and will be starting the All-Star game while your favorite Mavs won't. Those are the breaks kid.

13. Panda

Panda Member

Why defend someone, regardless of their age or mental r****dness, when such a guy thinks you are a no life loser?

14. got-milk!

got-milk! Member

Ben Collins is a cheerleader for his darling Mavericks, so he SHOULD brag about his team (i dunno if that's the only cheerleader quality of him). However he should keep his asinine opinions of other people and things to himself, 'cuz he be lookin' pretty stupid w/ all the BS he writes about. A couple excerpts:

The top 5 in All- Star voting start in each conference, making Yao Ming, who sometimes doesn't even start for the Rockets, start in the All-Star game. You're probably thinking, are you serious?? Well, ya, of course I'm serious. This is what the NBA is all about. The fans. So what if the whole Republic of China voted for Yao Ming, all is fair in NBA All-Star Voting. It's what great about the NBA, everywhere people care about the NBA enough to vote for their favorite players.

Yao only sometimes start for his team? I guess Boy Collins meant that Yao's still a bench player and shouldn't be an "All Star" starter. YEAH, SO WHAT if the Republic of China ganged up for the vote on Yao? The Republic of China has a population less than 10% of USA's. Does he live in a cave in the subterranean underneath the American Airlines Arena? Yao's an All Star starter based on votes in the American ballot alone: maybe he and sugar-daddy Mark Cuban got on the computer one night together and "spammed" the votes, so maybe US votes SHOULD'NT be in favor of Yao. :p

Dirk Nowitzki doesn't appear in Hanes commercials, doesn't have his own movie, doesn't make fashion statements, and doesn't have his own rap album (well, thank God).

:D :D :D I'm not gonna get into that..... except that God made rap music happen for ITS fans AND people like Ben Collins...... :D :D :D

15. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

He would be even more wrong if Tim Duncan is considered a foreign player too. Anyway, it's very obvious that this kid doen't think before he writes. Stop ripping him and just let it go.

#155 RocketForever, Jan 13, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2003
  16. YaoFan

YaoFan Contributing Member

Ben Collins would have kissed thousands of asses' butts if he were in Chuck's shoes. Poor asses ...

Ben Colns- a foolish, ignorant, stupid idiot.

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Click on the link to his column (waaaaay back on the first page) and his "new" pic is up. Even looks a little older...the Mavs jersey has to go though :D

18. Franchise222

Franchise222 Member

whatever...the kids an idiot...i dont care if im mean or he cries or whatever. im only a few years older i dont feel bad letting him know..especially since he's writing on an official NBA site. 15 is old enough to know whats goin on. cmon now.

basketball aside, i think we can all agree that he looks like gollum.

Rockets for life

Yao & Steve - all star starters.........Finley, Nash, Dirk - where you at?

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Thanks man. I forgot that 13-16 yr. olds are in the ****ed up SOB stage, and will eat each other alive in school if not on the net.

20. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Who wears sleeved jerseys?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.