1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs columnist rips Yao

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Smokey, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

I thought the NBA avoid sponsoring controversial articles like that... they try to pretend to be as unbiased as possible. Very odd. This kid's a loser though.

But I have to admit that it's pretty impressive that he can write like that at that age. How old is the moronic little squirt anyways?

#121 RocketGuy3, Jan 12, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2003
  2. chingwen

chingwen Member

"If he has more than 24 points in that game on January 17th (and you can hold me to this) I will say I’m wrong and apologize to Yao Ming and all of his fans."

- He has big respect to Yao. Any bet less than 24 is not safe. Smarter than Barkley.

3. vf1a

vf1a Member

the kid is a yao fan, but he can't bring himself to fully admit it cuz of him being a mavs fan...lol

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Well, Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, Dajuan Wagner, and Caron Butler are all playing better than him, have better numbers than him, are more valuable to their team, and have better potential to be more dominant in this league.

False, Yao is more efficient.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/default_regular_season_leaders/LeagueLeadersEFFQuery.html

Yao: 26.4 MPG, 13.0 PPG, 8.0 RPG
    Stoudemire: 30.8 MPG, 12.4 PPG, 9.0 RPG
    Butler: 35.9 MPG, 13.7 PPG, 5.4 RPG
    Wagner: 35.0 MPG, 16.7 PPG, 1.6 RPG

There are no rule differences from Chinese basketball to American basketball

Can you provide a link? I believe the Chinese use FIBA rules.

For a guy from China, he’s playing well. He should make the All-Star game,” because he’s putting up practically the same numbers as Shawn," but he’s not even on the ballot because he’s not from China. It doesn’t make any sense, basketball is basketball wherever you play it.

Bradley: 26.2 MPG, 8.2 PPG, 7.8 RPG

Same minutes same rebounds not as efficient after 12 years in the league and playing college ball in the states. Yao is only 22 and hasn't even played one full year in the NBA. No summer leagues, no workouts, and no training camps.

Basketball is not basketball. Chinese basketball isn't even on the same level as the NBA. What you're saying is a guy who dominates for example in the NBDL can come right in and dominate in the NBA since basketball is basketball.

If he has more than 24 points in that game on January 17th (and you can hold me to this) I will say I’m wrong and apologize to Yao Ming and all of his fans.

So if Yao doesn't score 24 against the best center in the league who has led his team to 3 straight championships, he is no good?

5. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

6. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Collins Column Feb. 3
    by Ben Collins

Hey, and welcome to my first column. You most likely have no idea who I am. Let me introduce myself. I’m Ben Collins and I’m 13. Yes, I’m 13, but if you listen to me,.....

I suddenly lost all my respect for Mr. Mark Cuban. :eek:

7. johnvv

johnvv Member

There once was a boy named ben
    The mavericks number one fan
    the team with a lotta whte dudes
    and a few black men
    owned by a redeneck called cuban
    being a fan
    ben
    was manipulated and illegally employed
    by cuban
    to bash all who stand
    in the way of the team with a lotta whte dudes
    and a few black men
    well bash...ben did
    with all the aplomb...of a journalistic nitwit
    so take heed
    you lil' ****
    grown men will not stand

for irritating ****s like you and especially CUBAN!

Without a Doubt,

John 5:5

8. bencollinsmavs

Sorry, I round up. My birthday is in less than a month. Sad how your age gains you respect in this world...

9. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

You can't have it both ways.

10. cmellon

cmellon Member

You guys don't give him any break, do you?

11. bencollinsmavs

Wow, I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I wanted to leave, but you just kept asking questions. I said my good word to both sides here and I didn't even need to. I'm just going to ask you for this:

Let it die... just let it die...

12. drapg

drapg Member

bencollinsmavs:

While I don't agree with your column, please understand that most of the teasing that is being expressed in this thread does not reflect the feelings of all, or even a majority, of Houston Rocket fans.

13. johnvv

johnvv Member

It's a free-for-all....God Bless Us....

14. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Why should we?

He came into OUR house. We aren't extending this as far as it may seem.

He can be the grown up he says he is and shut up, stay out, and ignoring this.

He's not.

What he's doing is enjoying the fact that, at age 13, 14, 15, or whatever, he is getting many people upset on a basketball fan site just for "publicity".

And Ben, you say WE don't have a life...

15. iOrange

iOrange Contributing Member

Ben I have no doubt on your age. But are you a girl or a boy?

From your article on Mavs.com I see you are a Yao-hater. You not only think he doesn't deserve All-star game but also consider him a so-so player to be the best. But what the hell were you talking about in your second reply at this board? you became a Yao fan? Are you trying to please too many people? Damn, you have no guts... being a politician is a better career for you.

16. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

That's the funniest post in this thread.

Orange, are you wondering before or after you saw his pic?

.....or were you looking at the Golum.....

Just kidding, we're not going back to the golum thing...

17. Tree Rollins

Tree Rollins Member

Ben, I completely agree. I hope all 3 Texas Teams make the Western Conference Semis.

Rockets Fans, obviously the Rockets have been in an unfamiliar territory the last 3 years: the worst Texas NBA team. Anytime someone mentions the Rockets in other cities, it is one mention more than happened last year. It's when they stop talking about that we have to worry. It's sort of like A&M people who have "Saw 'em Off" anti-UT stickers on their cars. All they are really saying is that UT is better than them.

Root for your team, not against anyone else's. Most Houstonians I have met have no problem with that, which is remarkable when compared to other parts of the state.

18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Ben, I hope you will send an olive branch to the Rockets and Yao fans in your next column. No one is telling you not to have your own opinion. Just have credible evidence for your opinions and everyone will leave you alone. I have shown you above Yao is more efficient than Butler, Stoudemire, and Wagner, and therefore should be a top candidate for ROY. In less minutes he does more. Yao is making a valuable contribution to the Rockets as we are fighting for a playoff seed. After watching a handful of games on television, you cannot seriously conclude Yao is a bust.

The thread got derailed by personal insults. If you want to talk about Yao in this thread or any other thread please do so. If you respect (not like) Yao after coming here, we have done our job.

19. iOrange

iOrange Contributing Member

After I saw his second reply...

You know what? I bet if the Ben stays in Clutch for a while he'll say something like 'Yao is my favorite' .... based on how fast he has changed his attitude, which I don't respect at all.

#139 iOrange, Jan 12, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2003
  20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's a tip. If you stop posting in the thread, it will eventually die. But it is more than obvious that you are enjoying the attention so don't pretend like you really want this to all end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.