1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs columnist rips Yao

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Smokey, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Well, Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, Dajuan Wagner, and Caron Butler are all playing better than him, have better numbers than him, are more valuable to their team, and have better potential to be more dominant in this league. Manu Ginobili, if he weren’t injury plagued, would be on that list, too.

I can’t wait for Shaq to demolish him, so you will all see what I’m talking about.

More good stuff below :rolleyes:

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/Collins_Column_Jan_4.html

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/Collins_Column_Jan_7.html

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That little boy is just dying to get pantsed and thrown into the girls bathroom.

Yao Ming demolished the line-up of Duncan and Robinson. Yao doesn't need that prick's idol, Shawn Bradley, to get healthy.

3. prlen

prlen Member

Just a kid.
    take it easy.

4. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

You've got to be ****ing ****ting me.

This is what the ****ing industry has come to? Employing little kids that don't have hair on their balls yet? Please tell me this is some sort of joke.

The sad part is, he didn't even mention how Yao put up 30 on his beloved Mavericks. I wonder if he was standing around like a ****ing clay statue that game. I swear, sometimes I wonder what the journalism profession has gone down to.

The funniest thing is you called him a ****ing columnist. The kid probably isn't in high school!

5. movement

movement Contributing Member

Although he’s just a kid, I wonder if Dallas is actually paying him.

Some wrong info:
    ”The top 5 in All- Star voting start in each conference, making Yao Ming, who sometimes doesn’t even start for the Rockets”

“Well, Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, Dajuan Wagner, and Caron Butler are all playing better than him, have better numbers than him, are more valuable to their team”
    Except for Stoudemire, how can someone be valuable to a losing team?

“You can’t be a dominant force if you’re afraid to turn and dunk the ball.”
    Paging Theo Ratliff…

“There are no rule differences from Chinese basketball to American basketball”
    “But still, he’s just a twig, and when he faces some other big man with talent, he just stands there.”
    No comment deemed necessary.

6. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Why isn’t Shawn Bradley on the All-Star Ballot?
    Uhhhh? good question. Your guess is as good as mine.

Enough said!

But the kid can write!

7. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

"Well, Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, Dajuan Wagner, and Caron Butler are all playing better than him, have better numbers than him, are more valuable to their team, and have better potential to be more dominant in this league. Manu Ginobili, if he weren’t injury plagued, would be on that list, too. "

There are two Caron Butler's in the league?

Manu Ginobili better than Yao Ming?!?! Even TheCat wouldn't make such an asinine comment. I'm sorry if I sound a little pissed off because of this ****, but it's part of the industry that I will be a part of. It was very ridiculous of Mark Cuban to let such garbage go onto his team's site.

8. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

That is exactly what I was thinking...the kid is a good writer, but has tainted ideas.

Shawn Bradley...all-star..ha,ha,ha. Either the kid is a comedian or stupid, you can decide.

9. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

7'6 CENTER WHO HAS SOFT HANDS, LIGHTING QUICK FEET, PRETTY DESCENT SHOT, GREAT REBOUNDING SKILLS, AND A GREAT FEEL FOR THE GAME DONT COME AROUND EVERYDAY, HECK YOU BE LUCKY TO GET A TALENT OF THIS CALIBER ONCE A DECADE.SO to say butler or wagner or maybe even amare have more potential to be more dominant is just downright silly, in butler or wagners cases this leauge is full of great SG who will allways dominate before them i cant see wagner ever being more dominant then T mac or kobe.

but if you look at yaos case, how many other centers do you see in the league that can rightfully say they are infront of yao of right now, let alone three or 4 years later when has fully developed into a matuer center? when shaq retiers not only will ming dominate the center spot , but he'll dominate the whole league, and the clown who said and wrote this will be looking very silly :) ;) .

10. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Remember, this guy is a Mav homer.

11. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Huh???

Okay.... :rolleyes:

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

just had a look at he's pictuer, what is he? 12 years of age? maybe 13. i say give the kid a break, he's only a child:)

13. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Isn't that a description of what Shawn Bradley is? I don't see him with 15 ppg.

[​IMG]

That picture shows all of his hair.

If I remember right, it was LATE SEASON when Carter had his injuries...moron.

Last I checked Yao was second in the league in FG %...NEXT

I believe there are several PFs in the west with the 20/10 distinction, and I don't beleive Elton Brand is going to make the all-star game.

Won't be too harsh on him, but will email him.

I believe it's called foul trouble.

Once again, I wonder why Mr. Bradley isn't avereging at least 20 and 15. He's half a foot taller than everyone, right?

Isn't goaltending legal in Chinese basketball?

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see 24 points from Yao, it's not like Shaq has Ben Wallace-like defense. But if he's not the teams first option, why should he be expected to put up 24? I guess I will base Steve Nash's career on his next game, if he doesn't score 24, he sucks!

To sum it up, I am 16 and I could write much better articles than this individual. Nice try, Ben Collins, but you need to be more unbiased.

14. Preston27

Oh yeah, he also wants an all Mavs starting allstar lineup. Where's that rolling eyes smiley, oh yes, there it is!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

such a innocent looking boy:D :D ;)

16. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

If I was that kid I might be checking for you in the sexual offenders database.

17. prlen

prlen Member

Rockets columnist:D

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My god...the kid doesn't have the first clue about Ming or basketball. Going by his description, I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't seen more than 1 or 2 Rockets games this season. It sounds like he is just making stuff up to be controversial...plus I'm sure the kid has figured out by now that Mark Cuban will continue to allow his column to be published as long as he bashes Ming (who Cuban obviously dislikes).

19. Preston27

By the way, even if the games Vince missed were at the beginning of the season, the all star game was not after the 22nd game.

20. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I believe he is still wearing dental braces

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.