1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs are done

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Apr 26, 2005.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Nowitzki is overrated.

TMAC is da bomb.

Something I haven't seen posted yet: Against the mavs we are definately better with James at the point instead of Sura. I'm not talking about the end of the game when both were in, but specifically the point. Devin Harris was giving sura fits in yesterdays game. I think James should get more minutes than sura. he handles the pressure better than sura cuz he's quicker and has better handles and can break his man down.

Michael Finley is done..... what happened to his game? he needs to back up his trash talking.

Yao Ming is making a name for himself and making his whole country proud. i love that guy.

I love how the whole team protects TMAC like he is the godfather. haha. they are one close knit group. I saw a bunch of them at Social a while back, and they're all kind of huddled around TMAC, and you kinda have to get permission to even get close to him and shake his hand.

This city will go berserk if we win it all this year. I can feel it. And if we do we'll only get better cuz we'll attract better players to surround our duo. And wouldn't it be great if yao signs for less than the max so we can sign another great player? kinda like jordan did to get harper? YAO would be the man.

I loved how YAO was celebtrating after the dunk he had late in the game assisted by TMAC.

Props to Sura. I bet it was in the game plan to give sura the 3. And he prolly expected it and practiced his shot a lot. that last three was a deep three too, a couple feet behind the line, but he shot it with confidence unlike earlier in the season.

I think we can beat anybody. this year.

cluth city baby!!!

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Don't screw with karma, the Rockets havent won anything yet. Lets finish this series off before you go talking like that.

It does feel good being up 2-0 though! :)

3. insane man

insane man Member

agreed. this is ridiculous. we've been up 2-0 to lose the next 2 at home. and vice versa we've been down 2-0 to come back and win.

same with tmac. game 3 is must win. they wont pull a red sox on us. but we hafta win game 3.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Can this thread be locked? He's gonna jinx us and screw up the good vibes. :)

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

yea...really

Im as homer as they come...

and I am not even calling this one over yet.

Im hopeful....but I wouldnt dare make a prediction like that.

can the Rockets do it?

absolutely.

But lets take it one game at a time.(I guarantee you that is what VG is preaching right now)

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The series isn't over until we win the 4th game, lets not go nuts just yet.

We're in a great spot but we have to finish.

7. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac said that exact thing in a post game interview with the TNT crew.
    Please blow this thread up.

8. jcmoon

oh come on guyz. we are simply the better team. yes i understand i may be wrong and we may fall on our face. but if we do it would be becuz we choke. we have the better team and the better coach and we are going home.

if i'm cocky that's fine. TMAC is cocky too cuz he knows he's the bomb and there aint nuthing that dallas can do about it!!!!;)

They can't stop YAO AND TMAC!!!! isn't it great?!?!? remember the pits of despair we came from just a year ago with francis the overrated? and dallas kicking our butts every time!!! and now we own them!!! yea baby!! four in a row. we are the better team.

MAVs are done.

9. insane man

insane man Member

we lost two games to the freaking bobcats.

any nba team can beat any nba team. and dallas is hell of a team still.

this sweep talk is too early. we need to win game 3.

10. jcmoon

it's either gonna be a sweep or 4-1

11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

JCMoon, TMac was previously up 3-1 in the 1st round when he was w/ Orlando. He told the media "It feels good to get out of the 1st round." Orlando proceeded to lose the next 3 games and get eliminated.

Be happy we're playing well but its still too early to celebrate.

12. New Jack

New Jack Member

-Tracy Mcgrady before blowing a 3-1 series lead against the Pistons

13. wizardball

wizardball Member

the Rockets got lucky on Monday..... Yao ming had a night to remember..... well T-Mac will be T-Mac.... if yao does not shoe up for the next two games i think the Dallas team is too hungry to not take advantage....and Nowitzki had a second bad game.... i think his team played better than he has in both games.... Dallas has an amazing team.... i did'nt think Houston could pull off two games in Big D....though sh*t happens....and that is exactly why Dallas can come back from 0-2.:D

14. jcmoon

yes i know this. can't a fan just be a fan?!? dayum. i know he was up 3-1 but geez man. we are gonna win this thang ;)

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

jcmoon.....you have to realize that most of us are very superstitious when it comes to stuff like this...just go with the flow...easeup and dont look past this series.

listen man....when you have the biggest homer on the board telling you this...you gotta recognize...

wizardball....

keep making them excuses...The Rockets have proven in two straight games that luck has NOTHING to do with it.

If you ever had any credibility...it is gone now.

go back to mavstalk.com and leave the Rockets basketball discussion to the real Rockets fans.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah.. you can say whatever you want and other fans can agree or not as well..

Tmac talked about the plays he made.. but he didn't predict whats going to happen in the next games..

same thing with me, I'm proud of the 2 wins.. but I'm not gonna predict whats going to happen..

rox can't let down.. and gotta play like we're down 2 to 0...

17. jcmoon

i can feel it. that's all i'm saying. this team has the hear of a champion. the players believe in each other; in the system; in the coach. they play their hearts out.

YAO ming is playing with confidence. he knows that it is his and TMAC's team, now that the two most overrated players in franchise history are gone. When gets the ball he knows what to do with it.

John Barry is a friggin pimp dood. Is brent barry any better? i can't imagine a better role playing guard then barry in this system. the man can drain that three. definately underpaid.

just to reiterate i think a big key to winning this series is increasing Mike James' minutes. with him, TMAC, and YAO in the game at the same time, we are a better team, period.

go rockets!!!!!

:)

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

According to the Yahoo! Poll fans believe Mavs are done, I voted that they are not yet, nothing is solidified, Bowen has been playing stelllar against Dirk, but what if Johnson finds a way to get Dirk back in this, it is true Dallas brought all they had, with the exception of Dirk. For lack of more original qoutes Houston must "walk softly and carry a big stick" and Dallas should not "underestimate the heart of a champion". Both teams are in a learning complex right now, the question is who can learn what they need to first. Or so that is the way I see it.

19. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Be happy for W's. Don't underestimate Dallas. They didn't get this far without being a very good team.

20. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Yup! The Rockets were also done when they lost both home games to Phoenix the first championship year. Remember?

I hate the arrogance the Dallas fans had before the series....Rocket fans, do not be like them! Stay humble and hungry like our Rockets! Don't let this win get to your head, we still have to take care of business at home..