1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MASSIVE tax hikes coming after Biden "wins" again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by K9Texan, Apr 15, 2024.

1. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

As usual, the Washington Establishment will further enrich themselves while poor and middle-class Americans continue their slide into poverty.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/massive-tax-increases-coming-second-biden-term

Excerpt:
    BIDEN'S TAX-HIKE PLAN WOULD COST THE US ECONOMY NEARLY 800K JOBS

Biden’s written plan calls for a small business tax hike, a corporate tax hike, a capital gains and dividends tax hike, income tax hikes, energy tax hikes and even a second Death Tax on top of the first one.

Biden would increase the corporate income tax from today’s 21% to 28%. That’s a higher tax rate than communist China and France and the U.K., each at 25%.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Awesome.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There is no doubt that leftists ALWAYS raise taxes, invent new taxes, thrive on targeting those who work hard to make the economy run.

The Left = Big Government

See: Canada, Germany, California, etc. etc.

K9Texan likes this.
  4. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, we must further enrich our mega-rich masters in Washington while we struggle to afford groceries. Heil the Washington Establishment!

5. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

The left has always been about massive, oppressive, government, with a bounty of privileges for the ruling class. Incredibly, they always have an army of blind devotees to serve them.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I was in the pool with the kids at the country club yesterday, and a lady was there with her kid.

She said they moved from California because they would randomly got their electricity cut off and not be allowed to use their AC and they wouldn't be allowed to water their plants when the government decided to do so, etc.

That's leftism (California) vs. freedom (Florida) for you.

K9Texan likes this.
  7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

VooDooPope and leroy like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nope, just for the rich and corporations who have been cheating the USA by not paying for years.

Never seen a poster that sucks the crank of Fox News more than this one......no critical thinking allowed I guess.

DD

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i was at the pool with the kids at the country club yesterday too and there was a woman from california there who said the electric grid in her state is more stable than the one in texas and she can use her AC whenever she wants and can also water her plants as she pleases. i also was at davos and i also know everyone that gets mentioned in posts, tweets and articles here and i am smarter than all of them and im also in the top 1% tax bracket and i also am an important business person who travels the world and dines with wealthy mexican industrialists and i also went to law school and passed the bar exam and despite a busy life and children i have so much free time on my hands that i can post about american politics on a houston rockets basketball messageboard 24/7 despite the fact that i live in germany which is roughly 8 hours ahead of texas-time yet you can find me posting on here at all hours of the day.

its all true!

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

ATW and K9Texan are the same person. look at how they follow each other around in different threads liking each others posts and replying to each other and parroting the exact same ridiculous talking points.

this K9Texan person comes out of nowhere and starts posting all the time and starting all these silly threads and ATW is right there with him. not even trying to hide it.

one troll account isnt enough ATW?

11. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

You love mega-rich Washington elites more than you love poor and middle-class Americans.

12. K9Texan

K9Texan Member
    Supporting Member

Cry some more.

13. adoo

adoo Member

it is too bad for you're parroting the convenient lies being spinned by Fixed News.

the Fixed News mouth pieces are treating spins from Grover Norguist, a notorist tax reduction nut case, as gospel

in 2017, Trump with the help of teh GOP controlled Congressed approved a tax cut for the top 1% earners, for the most part, financed by the middle classes.
    • the biggest tax break for the top 1% has been the elimination of alternative minimum tax
    • the biggest tax burden imposed on the middle class has been
      • a cap on tax deductions such as local/state taxes paid
      • lowered the mortgages interest deduction, from $1M to 750K
    tax's tax cut for the top 1%, if not renewed, will end effective 1 Jan 2026.

A re-elected Biden will, most probably, not renew these tax welfares for the top 1%

#13 adoo, Apr 15, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'm okay if someone wants to argue on behalf of Trickle down economics. If you want to make that case, go ahead.

What is not okay is just blatantly lying and fear mongering. Biden isn't going to raise taxes on normal every day Americans. If you make over a million dollars yes... I'm sure Biden's tax proposal, or ANY Democratic politician's tax proposal will include making rich people pay a bit more in taxes.

Guess why that is....

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/pol...erage-american-remains-higher-taxes-rich.aspx

Hint.... IT'S POPULAR

15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. The economy thrives under Democratic administrations. AtW needs to stick with his trans fetish.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Republicans should run a serious candidate, and maybe they could win me back.

17. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

That won’t happen until they get rid of all the unserious members of their party. Good luck.

ROCKSS likes this.
  18. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

?
    [​IMG]

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

double post

#19 Amiga, Apr 15, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

While it might have some impact on small businesses, these measures are largely geared toward tax increases for corporations and high earners - the ones who've cashed in big from the Republicans' trickle-down policies. Policies that the data now clearly shows haven't panned out for most Americans, only lining the pockets of the very wealthy. Here's a rundown of some of the "tax increases" on Biden's 2024 budget wish list, but keep in mind none of this is happening without Congress signing off:

• Increase corporate income tax rate from 21% to 28%
    • Increase stock buyback tax from 1% to 4%
    • Increase Medicare tax to 5% on income above $400k (single filers)
    • Increase income tax to 39.6% for income above $400k (single filers)
    • Tax long-term capital gains and qualified dividends at ordinary income tax rates for taxable income above $1M (single filers)
    • Tax unrealized capital gains at death above a $5 million exception ($10 million for joint filers)
    • Limit retirement account contributions for high-income taxpayers with large IRA balances (IIRC, 10M+)
    This is Biden pushing his "Bidenomics" philosophy - the antithesis of Republican trickle-down. It's an economic approach that flows from the bottom-up and middle-out rather than top-down.

ROCKSS likes this.