1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mass Shooting at Santa Fe (TX) High School (2018)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 18, 2018.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You might not actually be Laura Ingraham but it's a play straight out of Neo-Con 101.

3. Mr. Space City

pull the fire alarm and turn schools in the no russian level on COD MW2.

these idiots run the state lmao

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

What a surprise that of the comments posted above, it was Hinch's that you thought were useless. Not the Lt. Gov sounding like a moron talking about too many entrances to the school. No, Hinch is the idiot here.

BMoney likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He's not a "higher up." He's a voter. The analogy you are looking for is, "this reminds me of co-workers at work, demanding the company to fix problems, yet suggest no solutions." Now, does that sound like an analogy you would have used?

Our solution as voters is EXACTLY what he said...to demand change. That's all. And the first change will be to vote people out of office who are offering no solutions, beyond thoughts and prayers.

No Worries likes this.
  6. heypartner

Oh, so if a politician says "Quit b****ing. I'm not doing anything until you voters convince me of a solution....It's on you." then you're good with that?

You want politicians to be allowed to demand solutions, yet give none, and do nothing? Now that sounds like your analogy about "higher ups", in your previous post.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

i didn;t read all nine pages of the thread, do you need me to go through and point out everyone i thought was useless? The governors comments are useless too if thats what you need.

Hinch gets to vote (hire) the people who make decisions. I like my analogy better, but your analogy is fine. I hate those co-workers too.

Politicians represent the people. In a democracy you need to convince the people who then apply pressure to politicians (by voting). If you just convince the politicians and not the people, then the people vote out the politicians. saying 'nothing changes' while making no attempt to change public opinion makes no sense.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That line of thought is basically admitting we are more afraid of the chance of a mass school shooting than any sort of fire or natural disaster.

malakas likes this.
  9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I need. Please let me know when you're done.

hooroo likes this.
  10. heypartner

Then do something about it.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

First grade democracy lesson. Join us here in graduate level democracy.

12. tallanvor

I've given my position on gun control in the D&D plenty of times. what is ti you want me to stop b****ing about?

13. heypartner

Voters don't need to come up with any solutions beyond demanding change, just like Hinrich said.

You can stick to that silly corporate analogy of yours, but this is exactly how change will play out. Voters will simply demand it.

14. heypartner

I don't know what you say in the D&D, but all you're doing here is b****ing about voters demanding change.

Yung-T and Canadiandude like this.
  15. tallanvor

what change? change for the sake of change? to demand this is to think any change will be for the better which is totally irrational. How do you even know who to vote for? you don;t even know what change you want. just change.

If you want change, do your homework, find a solution, and convince people of that solution. Don't just demand change.

your attitude is pretty much why there is no national consensus on what type of change.

#175 tallanvor, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

#176 J.R., May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
  17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

To hell with the motivations. It's the availability of high powered weapons. 22 school shooting have happened this year in the USA. No other Western country has had more than 5 school shootings since 2000. The places that have less school shootings have stronger gun control. The facts don't support you, random guy on the internet. You don't get to call anybody idiotic.

No Worries, B-Bob and peleincubus like this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We don’t have a democracy. If we did the popular vote would been the messure that elected our President.

The majority of Americans want some sort of gun control but aren’t allowed to vote on it because again we are a Republic.

Yung-T and BMoney like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Simply horrible. When I saw the news report I thought it was in Santa Fe, NM. I didn't know there was a Santa Fe, TX. I haven't gone through this thread but I hope no clutchfans were affected..

20. tallanvor

then why don't they vote for it? Also what tpye of gun control? The fact the statement is so vague proves my point. people want change but cant say what so nothing changes. maybe they should stop just 'demanading change'