1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Luke Cage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That trailer didn't get me excited. He's too OP. Where will the conflict happen? Will it be a live action comic book season where good guy beats up bad guys? Or will there be more of a story like in Jessica Jones?

2. 713

713 Member

White Women.

1 person likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ytkjQvSk2VA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That looks fantastic. I'm also curious if they will address how he will be stopped by anything other than another super powered individual. Are his eyes bullet proof? They could always go the ol' faithful route and have his weakness be the weakness inherent in other people. Gangster threatens to start hurting all his friends who aren't bullet proof.

Remi Dantin got tired of working for gangster politicians and became one himself. I LIKE IT.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

no. they address that in jessica jones.

It sounds like this gangster bad guy will go after him by going after friends and other innocents around luke cage.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

There's not a lot you can do with a character who is completely invulnerable in my opinion. It's one of the reasons why though I loved Jessica Jones,
    the part where she shoots Luke and they spend an episode worrying about whether he'll be okay or not was incredibly stupid.
    None the less the trailer looks great, but I think it's safe to say that Luke lives to the end. :grin:
    Bring on Iron Fist and the Defenders already though.

Oh, I really dug the Power Man easter egg with the crown/bands.

Second edit: Keep remembering things to like...Run the Jewels and Miike Snow for the music? Yes, please.
    I've heard the soundtrack is going to be incredible. Every episode is named after a Gang Starr track.

#26 seclusion, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The trailer just makes it harder to wait. The buildup and hype for Luke Cage have raised expectations.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

So uhh how exactly does any villain beat this guy?

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Mr Purple could have made use of this guy.

Also he could be drowned right? Anything that deprives him of oxygen should do it.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

There are ways of stopping people without shooting them. Gas, poison, suffocation, restraint, etc. He isn't Superman.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm pretty hyped for this after the new trailer. Love they got Run the Jewels on it.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Hey. It's up on Netflix.

First 6 minute impression: The title sequence and music is suspect. The barbers at Luke Cage's Barbershop are garbage. Shameek's line-up and hair cut are absolute TRASH. I might give this show a 3 just for that terrible fade.

13. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I haven't seen anything that makes me think I will love this, but based on how much I enjoyed Jessica Jones I will probably throw it on my queue for later anyways.

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Couple of episodes in and enjoying it. Interesting seeing the actor play Commissioner Burrell in the Wire play one of the "good guys". Never really finished Oz but enjoyed it for the same reason when I watched the Wire and see the "good guys" be the "bad guys" and vice versa. Really shows the range of these actors.

15. conquistador#11

watched the first episode with the wifey and we both liked it more than the first episode of jessica jones were we fell asleep. JJ turned out to be great as it progressed hope luke cage follows suit.

notes: *Luke actually has a personality, white girl definitely was holding him back.
    *I didn't know The Knicks still got people riled up. "even punk ass derek fisher got more rings than riley." anything with fisher and the word punk ass is gold.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Definitely got this lined up in the queue. How is Mahershala Ali's acting??

17. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm a white, so I don't know much about this fella, but I do know about the Black Lightning, and think Luke Cage would be hard pressed to beat out a justice league member, who once restarted superman's heart just because he could. Black Falcon would probably kick his ass too since he's in a movie already. And the Black Panther doesn't even care who Spider-Man is.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Solid. I've only watched one episode, but I don't think he will knock off Vincent D'Onfrio as best villain not sure he will get passed the Purple Man.

I really like Simone Missick who plays Misty Knight.

19. 713

713 Member

He looks and sounds like Marlo from the Wire that aged 15 years. His laugh reaction is getting old 5 episodes in though.

#39 713, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  20. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

He reminds me more of Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire even with the similarity in dress.

[​IMG]