1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Falcon and Winter Soldier

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

But anyway, just watched it this weekend for the first two eps. I thought it was pretty good. I love anything Marvel practically though. I'm a fanboy for sure. I say about a 7/10 at least. Looking forward to more eps.

Jontro likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

nah breh. you have 1 blek friend and 1 blek fam. we fam.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  3. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

:).

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

my theory. blek falcon does get monies from the avengers fund but he doesn't want to share with his sister. he puts on an elaborate show to make it seem like he's trying to help.

makes sense since bucky, wanda, banner, ant man technically don't have jobs, but they seem to survive just fine. pretty sure i've missed other names.

TWS1986 likes this.
  5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Top Level Government Agent: Hey you new guy, go take that Jetpack from the Falcon.
    New Fed: He's standing next to the Hulk.
    Top Level Government Agent: Hulk is a wuss now. Take it. Throw a rock at the Hulk. He still won't get angry.
    Professor Hulk: WHO'S BEEN EATING PIZZA ON MY MASS SPECTROMETER AGAIN!
    [Feds run away]

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

He was on the run from the government for a couple years, then he got snapped, now he's a government contractor where he likely gets paid. It's not that he doesn't make enough money to live now. It's that he can't show income from the last 5 years for a small business loan and doesn't have that amount in savings to throw in.

I actually think almost all of this is realistic except for the government not taking the Falcon wings from him after endgame. There are plenty of veterans on the streets in real life, I doubt they would do a whole lot for a guy who stole their equipment to combat their initiative in civil war.

Also, a guy without super powers willing to fly around the world fighting "the big 3" is probably noble enough not to take big handouts from his rich friends. Also, his sister seemed pretty head strong herself, she probably wouldn't feel the same about the family business if it was only staying afloat because of Ironman's money. Small business owners aren't usually the handout types.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

• You'd think that the government would have a moratorium to give low-interest SBA loans to Blip-ees, like they do with people after natural disasters.

• His wings may be Stark tech now. But we'll see. If they don't explain it in this show I will be disappointed.

• 'Noble' enough to not take a paycheck or stipend if offered? Subjective; if he's doing it full time, it's pride, the opposite of humility. Man's gotta eat and he doesn't have a secret identity/day job.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If he was doing that kind of work for the gov, they would know his family was in financial trouble and if he then tried to get a loan they would know and would step up and do something if they want to continue and contract him.

We are not talking any random veteran, we are talking about an Avenger.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah so Uncle Sam can also be labeled "Blek Karen"....
    sure

The one thing that (albeit very minor) was still a sort of hole was how Bucky jumped into the first 18-wheeler and the driver in the second 18-wheeler didn't honk or start trying to get the attention of the driver in the first cargo truck... maybe they were all on comms and Karli let them know that she could take them, idk.

#109 FLASH21, Mar 29, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Maybe. I guess I haven't seen a lot of evidence the government really likes the Avengers in these movies all that much (outside of Stark/Rhodey). They could have made any one of them captain america and they didn't. I think they're more like very popular vigilantes. Even SWORD just tried to murder Wanda's kids.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have no idea what to do with this, its sounds like you want to write your own fan fic.

I am judging this on the mechanics of the current MCU.

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I'm not sure where that slug came from or why.

I'm talking about events from the MCU. SWORD just tried to kill Wanda and her kids in Wandavision. The captain america comment came from these last 2 episodes. The other stuff came from Civil War

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The running gag about staring tickled me. So far really enjoying this show.

B-Bob, mikol13, Jontro and 1 other person like this.
  14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He's not wrong....

Yes, he helped the Avengers and to some became an honorary member of the Avengers (not one of the originals)... but you have to remember that Thunderbolt Ross is the Secretary of State now. One being the former partner and the other the being best friend of Steve Rogers (one of the most wanted super hero of all) was with them till the end so it's not as easy as you're making it sound.

Not only was Ross after Cap for the Sokovia Accords and his unwillingness to sign them but he was also after that super solider serum that worked perfectly on Cap in the '40s. This man has a lot of power within the government and as to date has not wavered on his pursuit of creating a new super solider team, which may lead into The Thunderbolts' formation beginnings within this series itself.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If Kim Kardashian can make money for her and her billionaire family for a leaked sex tape, I can imagine an Avenger who save half the world could make some coin for a speaking engagement.

Jontro, peleincubus and jiggyfly like this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Episode three is just ok

they need a better villain than freckle face girl and the band of extras

JamesC and Jontro like this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

blek falcon ded

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I do like Zemo

Rocket River

Ottomaton likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

imagine if the villain was someone with real super powers and wastes these 2 in lile 3 episodes.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

marky :) and Jontro like this.