1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Falcon and Winter Soldier

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I just hope he doesn't end up being another b*stard son of Ego.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I liked that they had Howard the Duck in the Marvel intro. I guess he’s getting a reboot?

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Everybody at Marvel has a black best friend.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

blek falcon ded

STR8Thugg likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

A lot of social commentary in this show and I'm truly surprised Disney actually went through with it with their history of making everyone happy. Isiah Bradley's history with the government secret experiments agansts black soldiers AND Falcon getting stopped by the police makes the people thinking Sam didn't get that loan because he was gone for 5 years look bad.

Everything is this show is intentional. I think even War Machine ending his conversation with Sam about the shield with "brother" has more meaning now.

This show is pretty, good. It's pretty sophisticated. This is not as splashy as WandaVision but it feels just as bold. They weren't lying when they said it was going to be like Winter Soldier. A lot of Grey in the plot.

#85 DreamShook, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    FLASH21, B-Bob, NotInMyHouse and 2 others like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

they acting like steve isded. is steve ded? i bet he could still kick ass even at 100 years old.

STR8Thugg and DreamShook like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Everybody has been trying to get that sweet sweet super soldier serum and it just cant be replicated, I bet Cap can still throw down just because he got the original juice.

I want to see this Isiah Bradley/Winter Soldier fight. They should have cut down Falcon's fight scenes just so they could show us this one. Imagine Captain America Fighting Bucky's Winter Soldier to open this episode but after the fight we find out the dude under the mask is Black. That would have been nutty. That would have trended.

Rocket River and Jontro like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The Winter Solider actor is funny, man. Funny in this. Funny in the skating movie. Funny in that Tom Holland movie.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like the show.
    I think they doing great.
    I do like the John Walker characterization. He and BattleStar work for me.
    Having read the original comics (some) You realize that he is not a *bad guy* per se
    just a politically radical guy to start
    (well he was a bad guy at one point)

I am curious as to whether he has the formula at this point or not
    More like the Power Broker's upgrades at this point

They have dropped so many hints and allegations
    one cannot help but wonder where it goes.

Rocket River

DreamShook and NotInMyHouse like this.
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

18 months ago, I have a really hard time imagining Disney letting them go where they are going with the subject matter

Wandavisions first few episodes were mostly a waste, these first 2 have been great. They've done an awesome job of connecting you to these 2 despite not really doing much.

Really excited to see where they go with this.

DreamShook and Clutch City1993 like this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

Very good episode 2. So far so good. Everyone in the cast has been solid. The action is movie quality and likely cost them a fortune. They will need to be careful with too much banter, but it's working for now. We don't need the internet to watch this and that has been refreshing. More popcorn.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

13. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Both concepts so far seem like mini movies.

I expect the same from Loki.

Props to Marvel/Disney TV squad

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

In all honesty, Tony Stark was smart enough to set up an "Avengers Fund" made up of his own wealth which would have set up each Avenger financially for life. So this particular situation feels forced. Smart enough to invent time travel, but not smart enough to set up a finance plan for his avenger teammates despite being a billionaire CEO? Yeahh no.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I dont know about forced. Tony might have offered but the heroes may have all said no. The only person to take money from the Starks is Spiderman and that was for charity for Aunt May.

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

That's a fair point. Or the writers didn't think of Stark offering at all. Or they didn't care because they just needed Falcon to be hurting for that loan for character reasons.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree it seems very forced, there is no way the gov would leave The Falcon needing that type of money because he could turn to doing illegal stuff, they would have already taken care of that before needing to get a loan.

Entropy and Xerobull like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't see why he would turn down the money seeing that he wants to continue to be The Falcon he would need money for stuff like simple maintenance.

I admit I have not seen it but it takes a huge leap of faith to think the gov or shield would let him continue to have that equipment and be broke at the same time, no way they could trust him at that point if we are using real world logic.

#98 jiggyfly, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    Entropy and Xerobull like this.
  19. Beezy

Beezy Member

There's a bit too much buddy cop humor for my tastes and these bad guys are lame as hell. Winter Soldier face planting out of the plane was just stupid.

20. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I've got exactly 1 black friend. I need more though. Actually @Jontro and me are brothers from another mother. That's two black friends now :).

Jontro likes this.