1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Thor 4: Love and Thunder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Jontro, Rocket River and donkeypunch like this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

I like Natalie Portman, but action doesn't seem to suit her that well. She will need to learn how to run like a man. And her chemistry with Thor needs to intensify. They don't seem like a good foot, but we know she can act.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This is what the bottom of the barrel holds...

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yeah I loved Thor Rags, but really really didn't like the first Thor. I thought the whole movie seemed forced with the 'love interest' part being the worst. Basically I try to pretend that movie never happened.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Puke to Jane Foster Thor

If her character was amazing before I’d understand bringing it back and giving her more power but it simply wasn’t that great.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

She'll be fine. Ragnorak director. Not the director from the first 2.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Natalie, start pumping that iron, honey.

Reeeeeaaaaally didn’t think she’d be back, but her career might need resuscitation (I say this without checking her Wikipedia filmography; most of her films wouldn’t be on my bucket list, anyway).

Rocket River likes this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Didn’t think Thor would get another shot. Saw an article that Valkyrie is set to be the first LGBTQ character, and that Portman is coming back to be female Thor... helmsworth’s character falling from grace, unable to wield mjolnir ....seems like gambles on a series that needs less gambles.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thor has taken on a more comical style especially Ragnorak, so I dont care if Portman can act in it or not, just put her in a tight ass outfit and let the dice roll.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Annihilation was good

Caesar and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

If I learned anything from her performance in Black Swan is that she can do camp real well. Which would fit well in the post soft reboot of Thor,

B-Bob and conquistador#11 like this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Did I miss something?

Why can't Helmsworth's Thor wield Mjolnir?

In End Game, on the battlefield he is holding Mjolnir, and then tosses it to Captain America to take back his axe.

13. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Weird. I suppose if Alicia Vikander can make herself look the part then maybe Portman can too. We know she can really dedicate herself to some serious weight training like in Black Swan but this is the opposite direction. I'm intrigued.

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Something I read off an article on FB. Maybe it was just speculation?

15. jcf

jcf Member

That is what happened in the comics. Thor became "unworthy" when Nick Fury whispered something in his ear.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fat bellied Thor was fun.

dachuda86 likes this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's not even the fact that Portman needs weight training, or whatever. Honestly, her build could honestly pass as female Thor, today.

What's concerning is that she doesn't look like what Thor should look like. For instance, Gal Gadot at 5'10'' absolutely looks like Wonder Woman, despite not exactly being buff / ripped. This sounds awful, but for lack of a better description, Portman is just too...short to be an intimidating God(dess) of Thunder.

Unless they digitally make her taller, a 5'3'' person Natalie Portman just doesn't seem God-like, Mjolnir or otherwise.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I would expect a tall flawless Blonde for this part.... someone with some nordic genes and perhaps a very fit body. But hey, why does Lady Thor have to be a woman. She can be a man and a minority. This casting could be way more progressive and really give us our first male minority Lady Thor. It's the current year.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, my wife got a good laugh when Thor showed up fat.

Oh, goodness gracious. Leave it alone! :D
    Not expecting much bulk on Ms Portman but maybe she can acquire that Gal Gadot / Brie Larson lean strong look.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Okay, forgive my ignorance. Isn't "Thor" just a boy's name for uh...Thor? I've read that Natalie Portman will play the "female Thor?" What does that mean? Is Thor just a place holder superhero name like Green Lantern? That wasn't my understanding. Like , is she going to be referred to as Thor?

Or is it really just setting up a spinoff of Thor, with another character (Jane) inheriting Thor's powers. But they're still calling the movie Thor because it's recognizable for marketing purposes?

Can someone who's read the comics give some insight with spoiling anything too much? I have to say, the way it's been presented sounds pretty silly.