1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Thor 4: Love and Thunder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, it was as much a throwaway as the time they took to milk Jane's death.

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Watched it on D+. Was an alright movie, guess the whole point was to introduce Zues/Hercules and all those gods now? Seemed like a movie that wasn't really needed.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Which is funny because they tore down Asgardians and made them mostly a joke or to prove how powerful villains were.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Lol @ Pratt love, the Guardians scene was awful, in particular the dialogue between Thor and Pratt, cringe …the biggest elephant in Hollywood’s room - aside from Keegan-Michael Kay being cast in every other movie for being what, funny? - is Waititi and his ego allowed to make movies, because boy did he make this film about himself.

He’s lucky Marvel / Disney gives him so much leeway. From the title to the voice over, from playing Korg to how often can I use the word orgy until it stops being funny, from the cut characters to cutting out Bale as well as cutting his legs from underneath him, from forced jokes to being complete tone deaf.

This was movie while it had its moments, was completely turned into a shitshow with the tone shifting quicker than you can blink, 80s music forced into it as if that was totally in line with the atmosphere of the movie - it wasn’t, save that for childish Guardians franchise - and the story telling turning it into a mockery of itself.

I completely disagree that Ragnarok was the best, I’ll take the 1st two movies over this version of Thor though preferably tye characterization is in between. If this movie had been edited by someone who had the balls to tell Waititi what works, then Bale would’ve received more screen time, he would’ve been set up as an actual threat, the story telling Korg would be reduced to a minimum, Jane would’ve been more bad ass, goats & orgies limited etc.

I still think you can edit this as the best Thor movie, especially if they ever release the deleted scenes we want, not the dumb **** they decided to show us. Cut out story telling parts, bad jokes, childish scenes, Guardians anong other things and you could get a very good 1,5 hour movie where Gorr is at least given proper screen time.

Jontro likes this.
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm in the mixed column, too. Some of the humor was good like Thor playing off Starlord. But it eventually got too old or overdone as the movie progressed. The plot didn't feel as cohesive, either. Omnipotence City felt like a useless side quest as it didn't help the main conflict. I don't get the praise for Gorr, either. He's another throwaway villain to me.

I wanted to like this more as I love Taika's work. But I think it missed the mark.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

would have liked to see what taika could have done with cap winter soldier

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’ve fallen asleep twice trying to finish this thing. Let’s see if the third times a charm. It’s ok.

marks0223 likes this.
  8. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I thought that was Bale and Crowe. They looked very familiar. Humor was good but this movie was not like the old Marvels.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Upon reflection, this was a bit of a dud. Waititi had too much carte blanche which seems to be an issue with most of the MCU properties post-Endgame.

I liked it overall but it could have been better.

Invisible Fan and Ziggy like this.
  10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I had low expectations so I was able to watch it nonchalantly.. But I did call my Marvel-nerd buddy afterwards and ask did he like it.. He said yeah then tried to explain why I should have... I hung up on him

Invisible Fan and CCity Zero like this.