1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mario Elie gave the team a Clutch City history lesson today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

No one on this team has Hakeem's heart..

No one on this team has Cassel's heart...

No one on this team has Mario's heart...

No one on this team has Otis' toughness...

At best we have a little of Horry and Chucky Brown with Dwight and that's about it...

Good luck seeing this team repeat what they did...

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

3. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Only one problem, this team doesn't have Hakeem Olajuwon or anywhere near the size balls that those teams had....

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Probably your last date because you took her to wing stop.

5. Hmm

Hmm Member

[​IMG]

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

implying this team has heart

they don't

7. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

This is absolutely needed for team energy, especially for Lin and harden. I can imagine Lin feeling these days. As fans we need to stop finger pointing. Our kids need our support and encouragement at this specific time.

8. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Man that bring back some good memories.. I use to watch the Rockets on 20 visions on the Big Satellite dish..

9. cbk41

cbk41 Member

This team has been together one season. 2nd youngest in the playoffs. They deserve a lot more chances to show 'heart' before it's all said and done on that notion.

1 person likes this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well at least they will have a little knowledge to take into the offseason with them.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

and YET, they needed to call his name/order before you knew it was him:rolleyes:

:p

go rockets.

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Elie sounds like a true leader of men -- the guy Morey hoped he hired in McHale. McHale can only lead his players into embarrassment.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

After 0-1 or 0-2 would have been a more opportune time though

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Where is Elie coaching at these days? Can he come on board for the remainder of the year? I hear we have a defensive coordinator position open up on the staff, with good potential for advancement in the near future.

15. Dementium

Dementium Member

All the above changes if they win the next three.

Screw this, we got this!

16. FeaR

FeaR Member

A speech will not change anything.

17. JazzLakerHater

While I appreciate Mario and Hakeem talking to the team, I just don't think this team has that WANT in them to come back. I know Dwight and Bev have that want but I'm not so sure everyone else does. At times I get a feeling that Parson would rather spend his time modeling while Harden just spends his time partying his ass off. I really wish Mario would just lay a good smacking on those two...

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

Date was not wingstop, I was actually taking her to a much nicer place but when we got there it was full with a 35 minute wait.... Then we started going back and forth with "if you want to wait that's fine :)" "Wait no do you want to wait or find somewhere else :/?" "Hmm we could go somewhere else but its up to you, what do you want to eat?" "Hmm I don't know what do you want to eat?" " Hmm I don't know" "Lets just go elsewhere" "Okay kool kool ".... Sooo we started driving around the Galleria on a Saturday night and everything was full so we pretty much just said w/e lets go to wingstop. And just carry on with our plans after... Not a good date.... It went perty bad....

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

Well in my defense I was also trying to listen to the girl I was with as she kept talking, I was trying to give her more attention than the big black guy sitting a few tables down by himself.

20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I'm gonna watch that series and pretend like it's the portland series now. Maybe it will help visualizing the win.