1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mannix] If Rox get Melo, Lebron could go to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Gold rings

D-rock, djperm and Bids9 like this.
  2. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Lebron take that $1a year Steve Jobs salary please

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

In order for this to work under the salary cap next summer:

1. Carmelo must opt in to his final year at $27,928,140.
    2. LeBron must opt in to his final year at $35,607,968.
    3. Rockets would then trade Eric Gordon ($13,500,375) and Clint Capela (via sign-and-trade at $22,107,593 or maximum amount offer sheet because Rockets can match any offer for their restricted free agent)

This is the only way I see the Cavs willing to make a trade if they get back quality assets for the best player in the league. Knowing LeBron is pretty much gone, they would do it because they're still over the cap and need to fill the roster with quality players.

It would be basically the same thing as the Chris Paul for assets trade.

Afterwards, the Rockets could resign Paul to the max, then extend both LeBron and Melo during the season with bird rights to the max. Payroll will be north of $150 million, but that's where I'm hoping new ownership comes through and signs the blank checks.

Anyway, one can only dream. Banana Boat here we come!

4. GottaHaveHeart

I've been saying this since we got Paul and whispers of Melo coming to the "H"... its going to go down if this Melo deal ever happens!

5. likestohypeguy

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I sense something with this latest batch of LeBron to Houston rumors being confirmed.

It is a slight but perceptible rise in the ambient temperature.

In other words, seems like things are really, really heating up.

Plowman, ghettocheeze, J.R. and 4 others like this.
  7. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Capela for 22M would turn Capela into another Anderson. A bad contract teams want to dump. I think it's not practical to sign all those guys to Max. They can all take a pay cut to beat Warriors. How about a minority share of the team down the road to compensate them?

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dat offseason doe

9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Make it happen Morey.

Well it will be up to Lebron, if he really wants to come then he will have to get a pay cut and talk it over with Melo and Morey so they can make it happen.

It would be nice because we would be so OP but I don't want Lebron to get another championship.

I know how we can get it done. Once Melo is traded we can then trade James Harden hehe. Because you know I never seen the banana boat with Harden, so he must go :p

I'm just kidding..

Anyway first thing first we need Melo here see how we play this season. Then we can dream about next season

10. basketballholic

Your trade for Lebron doesn't work. Capela's outgoing trade value on a $22 million salary is only $11 million.

The most likely scenario to acquiring Lebron is he signs outright under the cap with Paul and Melo taking one year paycuts to make it happen, like ThatboyNick described. And all three guys will be willing to take a paycut to make it happen.

Hannix is saying it's a possibility. But the truth is that it's a high probability if happening if we get Melo. Trade away Gordon and others for future draft picks and cap space. By next summer Gordon and Tucker's deals are going to look dirt cheap. Sign LeBron outright. Go under the luxury tax one season. Then re-sign everybody and play above the apron in 2019-20. That's the most likely scenario.

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

@The Cat has one that should work if you aggregate ideas.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Do the rules allow you to S&T a player along with someone else, and what about the base year player rules?

13. basketballholic

It's nut feasible.

14. cebu

cebu Member

I peed in my pants reading this thread.

D-rock and Pen15clubber like this.
  15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Could you explain this? Sounds zexual?

D-rock likes this.
  16. RockWest

Yet CP3 is here. NBA doesn't own any team right now, they were the owner of Hornets.

17. don grahamleone

The point is that it's possible, nut that it's feasible or likely.

18. don grahamleone

You're supposed to wait until it's real, then pee. Are you a bed wetter? Or do you wait until a real restroom is available? ;)

D-rock likes this.
  19. RockWest

The least he could take was vet minimum though.

20. basketballholic

The point is LeBron may come here. The question is how? The answer is by Paul and Melo taking one year paycuts.

The idea of LeBron opting in and then somehow forcing a trade after the moratorium next summer is basically a no go. It'll be a sign and trade or outright signing.